Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hello everyone, my boyfriend had 3 dragons, Tinkerbell (Zim passed away last month from lung failure caused by RI), Dodger (the father) and Miracle (has a severe Adenovirus case but is overcoming and is the daughter of Tinkerbell and Dodger). Well, my boyfriend couldnt handle the three of them. Tinkerbell having severe YFungus but able to overcome it is one hell of a fighter and is 6 years old. Dodger only had YFungus on his skin and is fully cured.
Been free for 2 months and counting. So I accepted Dodger and in spare room with an old pair of clothes I only put on to play with him and wash that pair in hot water to keep Broly clean. Broly is clean...Dodger has adeno but not as bad case as the daughter. Been talking with Tracie about precautions between the two dragons. Dodger is 6 years old as well. Anyway, between Tinkerbell and Miracle (she was almost close to death but quickly overcame her short comings) Tom has no time for Dodger so hes mine now and he has the two special needs girls. Tinkerbell did have YFungus since she was 5 months old and the fact she is 6 years old is wonderful! It is inside her body but she has a daily dose of antifungal meds along with Benebac. I did say severe. She's very sweet and to see her like this pains Tom greatly but is doing his best to keep her alive. she has had YFungus on and off now for years and is still alive is something we both can ask for and for Rainbow Bridge to let is keep her is greatly appreciated.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Broly growing everyday stopped his growth spurt for now.

Anyway, I haven't been on for two days because I had to go to the doctor for my digestion problems (had the issue since I was 5). I could never digest food right so we had to schedule a screening at my age when usually it's over age 50 to get checked. They didnt find anything as usual. Maybe when I'm much older they may have to keep checking my colon which they do yearly since I was 14. He did put me on a strict fiber diet to see if it helps. Now I'm not gonna go into too much info here but if this doesn't work lets say some cutting will be involved I think you'll get the idea from that.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The new diet is working somewhat. Not as well as he hoped so he wants to do xrays of the stomach. We already checked the colon it's just having a hard time not ill or anything. -_- just wanna get this problem resolved. It hurts.

On to Broly, he didn't eat on Tuesday night so he pooped today and weighs 134g! Makes sense since he didn't want dinner on Tuesday so he gained only 4g. Hes been eating 3x a day since, he only has off days. He loves greens! Collards...not much. He likes canned pumpkin (no spice I know), mango, butternut, apples, grapes, banana (rare), strawberry, blue and black cherry. Watermelon and cress are a few faves already can't forget wheatgrass! He loves going outside despite birds, hes not afraid of them. It was 67 but warm outside. Took him and my umbrella (can't risk being in the sun been told as a teen risk for skin cancer) and we stood in the sun. Well he stood in the sun on wood not concrete or rock. He spent 25 minutes before wanting in. Literally, he crawled to the door and scratched.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
1D90B4F7-F5D6-46D9-85D5-7D1FB5A72B41_zpshluwcbfk.jpg

He got so tired from spending the afternoon in the sun (it's not too hot) so he wanted to sleep on me but woke up. He is shedding and looks like drool on the side of his mouth but he isn't sick...Vash drooled sometimes and he was fine. I assure he isn't sick.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I'm about ready to take Broly outside for real UVB rays but I thought an update would be cool.

So he eats a lot and so much energy unless it's like 7 or 8pm then he's cooling off and under his log for bed by 8:30pm.
All fish doing well, gerbil too. Lower half of back legs are in shed mode but not flaking yet. Lips are done shedding. September will be getting cold so August will be the last month to get him outside. He seems to like outside and doesnt mind wind even though it's a cold wind but not freezing cold like winter's wind is. This is normal summer wind for us and Vash likes wind too. I can only give 15 minutes because the wind gets to be too much for Broly after a while as I said not freezing but cold. Sun is warm yes but after a while it's too much. Until September comes he'll go for at least 15, better than 0 minutes. I don't know if he'll go down for brumation this year, maybe not he's only going to be 1 year. Maybe he'll slow down but not fully brumate until the age of 2.

PS thanks Suki!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I haven't been on much, I skip a few days. No new pics yet, sorry guys! Broly is 140 grams btw. My parents are impressed how big he gets in a week. My family took a day to the lake and well, I can't go...Broly needs to be fed throughout the day and gets fussy if no one is here to do that. Sometime in the future, we'll travel to Florida which means my aunt, uncle and my cousin will take care of Broly for 2 weeks. We're going to Orlando for Disney World one day. Not only does Broly need his scheduled food but I also am not a sun bather, I can't even stand out in the sun too long, sure got the sun block but it won't help my risk any lower. Anyway, besides that...I don't like bathing suits, I feel way too exposed. I get paranoid and think people are staring at me even though they're not. Enough about my paranoid problems. Broly's fine and I'm fine just tired and Sunday is lazy for me and that's fine. Yesterday, I did see The Minions movie and it had funny moments, good movie can't say bad or terrible but good also stopped by my pet store to get some mini waxworms (once a week treat).

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So August 21-23, we're camping at the lake and my aunt and uncle are going too. My aunt and uncle is taking Broly with them because the whole family is going so he won't fit in our car. Trust me, no one is going to want a tank on them the whole way. So my aunt is taking her SUV and Broly will be in the back seat. I got a friend coming over and letting dogs out and feed all the animals includes my gerbil and fish. So they'll be ok. Anyway, we got the mesh cage from the wedding so Broly can have heat and real uvb. Dodger is coming too (my boyfriend'd dragon). Dodger will be on a leash and his tank is coming too. My aunt's SUV is huge. I'm taking bugs too and mustard greens as well. The supplements are going too. Since there is no service out there I won't be to update and post pics till I get home.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Aug 1 - I had a good Saturday. Also was in the hospital for the weekend. Apparently my colon sucks so they had me
for sugery and all is better. I'm not getting into too much information on what happened. I think you'll get it if I mention stoma...and no I don't mean stomach. So uhm..I have one of those now because my colon just don't work right. I never even did drugs. It's so sick. I don't like it.
I didnt have cancer either.

Aug 2 - I recouped from surgery and my doctor explained what I needed to do to take showers with it and whatnot.
I got what I needed to clean it and stuff.

Today - I came home checked on my fish, gerbil and cat. Of course Broly and shed his lower half of his right front leg and foot. Also he is 15" long. I will weigh Wednesday. Also my first day home with a stoma and everyone was not so upset or grossed out by it as I was. I'm getting used to it slowly. So yeah...

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I'm so sorry to hear about that, but I am glad that you are doing well. Is it permanent or just a temporary solution? I've been around them so they don't really bother me as much either, but I understand why it would for you.

Broly is getting big too, I'm sure he was happy to see you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear you had to go through surgery, Kami, glad you've recouped well. Hope the stoma is just temporary.

Wow, Broly is 15" long, he just keeps growing and growing!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Unfortunately, it is permanent because my colon just doesnt work so they cut it and put the stoma connecting to whats left of the colon that works. Apparently, it was just not even the right color according to him. Most of the colon is fine. I've been having way too many episodes of constipation. I've had fiber and 8 glasses of water nothing was working. Though Im not sure constipation has anything to do with the colon.

Broly was happy to see me come home.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My cousin's daughter had the same issue but they were able to connect her small colon to the large colon and eliminate the bag. Took 3 operations to get it straight and she missed alot of university because of it. It was all completed before her wedding in Aug 2011 and we were all thrilled the surgeons made it work. I'm sorry you're having to go through this Kami, but at least you won't have any further episodes that can be very painful.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I'm glad for your cousin's daughter.

Even though mine is forever I don't mind it too much.
Changing bags every day isnt so bad...just don't like whats
in it. Yuck! Anyway, I can bet all the stress Alucard and my once sick fish (all dead dreaded fungi) contributed to this condition. I'm sure didn't help me get any better. I felt weird towards the end of Al...I just didnt say anything.
Now we know my colon couldnt process anything right.
Yes Deb, constipation never hurt so bad before there is pain but this was more severe than the normal pain with it. So ouch. I never ever wanna experience that again. I rather deal with the stoma than go through hell in that pain.

Broly 15" is a big boy, no sheds at the moment. Still doing well. Changing my UVB on the 8th of this month. He did poop yesterday and today so maybe I'll weigh today instead
to get once a week weighing done. Used to be Saturday but ever since his bathroom schedule changed I had to weigh the day he poops every week. Don't need poop weight in there with him or it's false.

Edit: Broly is 155g he's pushing 200 fast. I'm not getting the tare thing on my scale I mean I did it but it said 160g then retest with just Broly and he's 155. It made him 5g heavier.
So how does this work? Hes gettin too big for the scale itself at this point I'll be weighing his stomach LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom