Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I'm back again.

Broly is 15 1/2" just last week he was only 15 inches.
I'm treating my sister's sick fish. Four guppies have columnaris (any fish person knows it's deadly) and since she works she can't watch them. It's ok Im helping out. They're doing better than last week. They're not in my tank...she has them in a 10 gallon.

Anyway, besides that...I was watching YouTube and people have trained their beardie to come like iguanas would if trained to do so. Broly's young so why not...he's gettin the hang of it. I know he's not a dog and know that I'm not trying to make him a dog. I thought since my betta fish know how to jump and swim in a circle (lots of training for two different bettas) maybe I can train my beardie at least one trick.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I fed Broly...and he bit my finger! Drew some blood but not as much as Vash did. I still remember that bite hurt like a B! Anyways, I was not hand feeding, I was dumping in a bowl (5 at a time) and one jumped out and onto my finger uh oh disaster right?! Right! He bit my finger but happily eating the cricket that was on my finger. I had no time to shake it off...he was right there! So my nail has bite marks and my finger stings. I have to help with groceries so..I might be back later.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It'll heal but you're right, beardie bites hurt. At least he thought your finger was food and wasn't trying to hurt you. I have to watch it when feeding my crew, too, sometimes my finger gets a bit too close & yow!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
My finger healed thanks Deb!
Just a scab now. August is off
to a cold start..no sun and cloudy
with 30 percent chance of rain.
Hopefully it clears up so I can get Broly
back outside. He hasn't been outside
since July 24. July 25-31 I couldn't get
him out I got xtra busy. August now looks
like for now cold and cloudy, it is like in the
70s but it's a cold 70s weird huh? So I got adult
pheonix and supers he's 16" now. I tried horn
but he didn't seem all that interested. I slowly
introduced them. It's alright he got a low number like
5 or so we'll see how he does with them when he
goes potty tomorrow.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey everyone sorry about that, I meant to post yesterday but I was fixing my iPhone 6+ why it never sends pics to everyone but my mom. I assume it's fixed as it doesn't say "not delivered" anymore. My halogen bulb blew out this morning I have him under a 75w for now and it's not a coil bulb so no worries. So he has a temp of 95-98* right now.
I read that 95 helps aid digestion so hopefully he can digest till mom gets home which could be 5:30pm tonight. Humidity is 45 and that is because of the low temperatures it should be fixed when I put in the new bulb. Usually it's between 30-40 but today because of the bulb burning out the humidity isnt in check right now. My halogen kept humidity in check. It's not a wet 45 either and Tracie says it's fine as long as it's not wet it's only temporary anyway.

So guys he weighed 155 last week now he is 177g this week.
He gained 22g this time. Usually it's 3-6g a week and rarely 10g not sure why 10 is rare it just is. This is awesome I even put him on a plate and tare and Idc what the real weight is because he got too bit being 16" on a tiny scale (not buying a new one just use a plate and wash it well afterwards). His feet dangle off the scale so at this point was weighing his stomach :lol:. Doesnt matter if the tail dangles. He pooped fine yesterday and a bit wet as expected from the super (finally ate 2 horns) but nothing undigested, it was fine no shells showing. Hes got a belly and he is obviously a beast no sheds yet either but they'll come in time. New uvb in the fixture now so sheds should start rolling in. Gotta buy two more bulbs before the next change out (February and August 2016). More yellow in his beard and his colors...well dark but he's happy to eat just wishes there is more heat to give. I did the best I can do with what I have. Hes still happy not dark stress just more heat dark if that makes sense (I tried).

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I got the new bulb it's doing good. Hes no longer looking sleepy because 98 is too cool and apparently it did help digestion he pooped in his food bowl after eating. I had to use Exo Terra Intense Basking Spot.. it's ok for him. My mom looked at Walmart, somehow they were out of PAR38 100w bulbs..how? I don't know. So she went with the next best thing a pet store bulb. It will work for now. There is NO neodymium coating, looks like Zoo Med's Basking Spot lamp anyway and those are safe bulbs. My Reptisun 10 tube is fine. He finally has the heat he wants bright colors, open mouth to thermoregulate himself. Humidity is back to 30-40 now like I said these bulbs keep them in check. Besides the girl who has a beardie uses the same Exo Terra light and her dragon is A ok. She uses the PAR38 bulbs too she couldn't believe they were out too. Very weird.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my, he sure is growing. Glad you got the right bulb back in his tank to get his temps up, 98 is too low for a young guy like him, that's for adults over a year old. Mine like it about there, 100F at the most and they digest well. He's doing so well, Kami, so glad to hear it!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well of course I'll get the right bulb. I would never let him stay in low temps unless adult and he likes it. Vash always liked higher than recommended which was 102 and Alucard liked 111. I have weird dragons. Always will LOL. My next dragon will be weird too. So far hadn't needed any medical exams (well only check ups no emergencies) and no "what is this" opinions from you guys I appreciate y'all opinions though. No lightening bugs here anyway so no worries on them. I don't let Broly free roam our yard hes in his mesh cage outside to get real sun if any comes back. It's a weird end of summer month. Cold and partly cloudy not good enough for him tomorrow is supposed to be rain so wow...
Hes still being a real best friend to me. I put him on my chest at night and he falls asleep matter of fact, he won't sleep unless he's out for nightly snuggles he'll look at me tired but refuse to sleep till he gets to snuggle with his friend (me obviously!) a lot has changed since getting him home and watching him grow up. He only wants his friend and nothing to do with anyone else. He gets depressed if Im gone out of town or just out of the house too long. Too cute!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey y'all!

Not much of new things...well one!! We're moving sometime in October and I get a bigger room while my siblings get smaller rooms this time. They have bigger rooms now and I got my stuff crammed in a tiny room. Our new house kitchen has an island which my mom loves! My big fish tank can go in the living room. I have 3 tanks. Two are staying in my big room and the bigger one goes out. The 10 gallon and the 29 are staying the 150gal with my eels are in the living room. Of course Broly and my gerbil stay with me in my room. Well that's about all to tell today.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
1644431A-619D-4C87-A7C3-390F7840D23A_zps1td7bhxy.jpg

Now you can all see his 16" goodness!! Haha!

Deb- we're moving October 18th!

Suki-thanks and there's a pic for you!

Dont mind the paper towels that's where he poops!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well that pic doesnt do his big 16" justice! I will get a full body eventually.

With all the orange he looks a lot like old man Vash.
Broly is bigger and heavier than old man Vash and also
182g as well. He was 177 last week. Vash just was never heavy never understood that.

Broly is grumpy and us beardie folks understand why too. Hes shedding part of his face so he enjoys a toothbrush scrub there. Still eating and pooping (mostly where he wants and not always on paper towels). I try to keep the carpet clean.

Thanks Suki I should have named him Ichigo..LOL didnt know more orange than yellow would show. Broly knows his name so can't change it now.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey all got back from the lake about 2 hours ago. Had a blast but I got sick so I had to come back home (1 1/2 drive). Broly is home too. Got all his bugs and stuff back home. I did swim so not sure what happened and I didnt eat before swimming. My stomach ruined my trip my stoma did fine just my stomach got ill. I meant to get pics but I didnt expect to get ill and no one took pics of Broly either sorry.
Broly had a great time! Kids gave him a lot of attention and we didnt think to get pics. I made a friend at the lake she's 26 years old, Dahlia is her name. She loved Broly but she felt bad I got sick out of nowhere. So my family is spending 2 more days out and Im home alone. I got bugs and other foods for Broly so not out of luck. I have her number and she has mine so we can text each other when shes not at the lake. No cell service out there. I'm gonna rest now.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom