Beardie has gone very pale with black spots

Queenie100

Original Poster
My beardie Queen is old- I’m not sure of his exact age because my boyfriend got him from a friend of a friend but he is probably 8-10 years. I noticed today he is very pale with black spots on his body( shoulder, tale, beard and under his body). He is also limp and not responding to food nor water. What should I do? I feel like he is coming to the end of the road.

Attachments

• IMG_9847.jpeg
    IMG_9847.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9846.jpeg
    IMG_9846.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 36

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
First I'm very sorry he isn't doing well.
Can you get him to a vet? The black beard is very likely from him being in distress.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, he is definitely in distress & or pain right now. Do get him into a vet as soon as you can
in the morning.
We can review your tank setup with you, if you would like. At his age, it could be a few things going
on with him from renal issues or liver issues or possibly metabolic bone issues. Since you just got
him, he might not have had adequate UVB light exposure & supplementation. It's hard to know but
hopefully you can get it all figured out at the vets. Let us know how the visit goes.

Tracie

Queenie100

Original Poster
Hello,

Poor guy, he is definitely in distress & or pain right now. Do get him into a vet as soon as you can
in the morning.
We can review your tank setup with you, if you would like. At his age, it could be a few things going
on with him from renal issues or liver issues or possibly metabolic bone issues. Since you just got
him, he might not have had adequate UVB light exposure & supplementation. It's hard to know but
hopefully you can get it all figured out at the vets. Let us know how the visit goes.

Tracie
I made an appointment to bring him to the vet but after trying to bathe him in water with electrolytes , it was very apparent that there was no miracle that could save him. I did not want to risk him dying in the long commute to the vet so I took care of him at home, giving him his favorite foods and making sure he was comfortable. He died last night :( and he will be very missed as he was in our care for the past 5 years. Rest in peace, my lizard baby.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I made an appointment to bring him to the vet but after trying to bathe him in water with electrolytes , it was very apparent that there was no miracle that could save him. I did not want to risk him dying in the long commute to the vet so I took care of him at home, giving him his favorite foods and making sure he was comfortable. He died last night :( and he will be very missed as he was in our care for the past 5 years. Rest in peace, my lizard baby.
I'm so very sorry to hear that. Rest in peace buddy 😔

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom