Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Broly's going for a full shed. I understand grumpy but biting my fingers is ouch. Hes so pissed off right now really hes like that aggressive dragon on YouTube. I watched the update and she has calmed down. Anyway, I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be home till sometime Mon morning.
I'll be in Los Angelos for 6 days Wed-Sun coming home Mon.
I've never left Vash that long when he was Broly's age, the longest was overnight at a friend's house then back home in the morning. So this is nerve wracking for me to go when he's young.

I'm packed and ready to leave on a plane and it's direct flight from Eugune to LA. Broly won't have a bath for 5 days I'll be sure to give him one today before I head off to bed. He'll get a bath when I return home. I have premeasured food (pellets and greens) in bags not that he'll overeat just my brother will be giving lunch and well he gives too much way too much. Mom is in charge of crickets and the pheonix worms and roaches (she hates bugs but really hates roaches). My betta fish will be easy as well shes lying eggs so she may not eat. I did say feed her if she's hungry. The leo is doing ok the owner hasn't shown up yet luckily I have bug colonies so there's enough. It's not wild caught because leo geckos aren't native to Oregon. Well anyway mom and my brother know what to do if anyone shows up for her. They gotta key to my door..yes I use a key to my door.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The owner came and got his leo gecko today. My brother said he was like 12 years old. Anyway, just got to my friend's house from the convention. I got Tamagotchi Friends digital pet thing, Foxy shirt from Five Nights at Freddy's, also a shirt for my 20 year old brother also Five Nights at Freddy's, Houndour and Houndoom keychains I know Im such a kid!

Broly's doing well...probably pretty grumpy that Im not home. Broly's eating and going to bed when lights go out.
Hes pooping. My brother said he fed him his greens, while mom does pellets and bugs. My friends are all taking naps and well I don't sleep easy from home but I manage to sleep. Well Monica is up just watching anime. I'll watch with her just thought an update on Broly was needed since Im not there with him to tell you all. My brother and mom are helping out with feedings and cleaning up poop. Mom just called and said Broly is depressed that Im not there and hes not eating as much as he does usually but is eating at least. He needs to pick up his act can't keep eating less food as Im not back till Monday. Hes active not lethargic or anything just not eating much but does have food intake.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He finally ate more than previous days!
Tomorrow I arrive in Eugene (if not delayed) at
11:47am. So in the afternoon I will give him his
lunch. My mom will give him breakfast before
leaving to come get me. I'm sure she hasn't done
a bath at all so he'll get it when I return and get
my things situated. Of course shes given dragon bites
they got 88% moisture so in a way those may have stave
off any dehydration. Mom says he is 14", but I'll measure to
make sure he is. Doesnt matter if he isn't because he'll get
there one day. She did say bigger.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey, thanks Deb!

He's in good hands even though he doesn't like anyone else.
My brother said that he's all over the tank going absolutely nuts! black bearding and bobbing at everyone and everything in sight! My mom had him out for an hour and 30 minutes but still proceeded to go nuts as he went in his tank so I asked her to check temps with the gun even though the probe is in there 24/7. She said they're 107 on basking, 86 on warm side and 79 on cooler side. They shouldnt be too bad considering they're like that when Im around and he never acted like a nut before. Hes gonna be bitter with me that I left him with his grandma and uncle but he has to be fed or he won't be taken care of. I probably won't be able to play/pick him up when I get home he'll be probably too pissed off with me to let me play with him. He ate 119 roaches for dinner my mom was surprised with him eating all that in 15 minutes. Vash ate a lot when he was younger but he kept gettin impacted (even with crickets!!!) my vet with him told us he had a digestive problem that will occur a lot. Broly has no digestive issues he can eat a lot and poop them out.

Did I mention I hate planes LOL! It's cool though I can "man" up and take a ride in a plane. I miss my boy, Broly anyway.
I love my betta (so far longest living betta), my gerbil,Thor and Cocoa (he likes to stay in my room and sleep with me). I tried kicking him out but he just drives the family mad and tells me to let him in. So the door is usually open.

Happy belated 4th of July (Internet here was out yesterday).

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Finally home!!! Well I had been since 3pm pacific time!
Broly isnt 14" hes 13 1/2" but not sure he is 115 grams though so his weight is good. Hes not skinny hes longer if anything. Skinny is bones! Mom and brother did what I asked of them. He got his bath as I saw yellow under him. Turned out it was shed skin that didnt come off. So hes healthy. My betta had a bloat problem while I was gone, shes ok now. Broly did explode by the way, so much skin in the cage, my fault I asked mom to leave it alone...he usually eats skin. My brother informed me he pooped today instead of yesterday. To be honest, the mustard greens were a little bigger but hes not impacted thank goodness. Hes very mad he bit me as I was gone all weekend and he was with grandma and uncle. He's calmed down since I pet him later since I tried when I got home and he bit me. I'm sure he knew who I am, been together since February. Hes not impressed at all that I left.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I took a couple days to settle in from Monday.
Broly still on a good path to living healthy and happy
life. In addition to greens, he LOVES peppers (only once a week it's added to the salad). He really likes the orange and yellow ones. I don't give red food often (red peppers mostly) because it changes the urate color to pink.
He'll pick at the red pepper if I put it in. Likes apples too.

I haven't tried butternut since Alucard passed away but I wonder if Broly would like it. He likes grapes that I know.
Note that I don't always give fruits. I haven't tried an egg for a treat..I know no oil or butter anything like that. Alucard didnt like eggs and Vash liked it but only got one for his birthday so he got an egg once a year. I'm gonna have a look at the nutritional chart and see if there's another veggie I can try that he may like. Bell peppers I already know he likes. Also he's 120 grams!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's sure growing fast. There are lots of veggies on the nutritional chart, sure you'll find different things to try on him.

Butternut squash (or any other squash) is a staple for beardies, I'm sure he'd like it.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
97A867A4-515C-45E7-8ADB-33D7B4B09197_zpsqtkpijjg.jpg

A picture for all!

Just showing length. Hes a long boy! Plus I owed you all a pic anyway. I found one pic of Vash...but it's still hard to get rid of it and still teary eyed about his death. I'm keeping the picture in my Photobucket. Still his death phases me more than Alucard's. Dont get me wrong his death was horrible too just didnt have him too long.

Well anyway enjoy!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hes 130 grams he gained 10! Hes also 14"!!! I'm celebrating 14"!!!!

He ate 20 roaches this morning and 15 crix for dinner. He had greens for lunch with vitamin sprayed on. I ordered (on Friday) some p.worms, butter and waxworms they should all be here on Wednesday. He can use a bit of fattning (let me do it ok?) some people dont like what Im doing. At least, hes getting bugs! Anyway, he's doing great! Getting long rather than big! Just 2 more inches and he can be switched to adult worms. He likes commotion as I noticed he won't hang out with me if we're just in my room he'll run back to his tank and demand to go back. Now if Im letting dogs out or sweeping or in mom's room ordering bugs and Reptisun 10.0 tubes he'll be on my shirt. Her room has the only working computer. iPhones are too small to order
from. He likes cucumbers and watermelon and watercress. He also likes wheat grass.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Hey Blue!

So I browsed your thread as well, Broly has gotten so big too! They grow up too fast don't they? Glad to hear he eats like Soleil, makes me feel like I'm not crazy when she eats 100+ dubia a meal twice a day!

Btw, Nero gets pretty grumpy when he's shedding too!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Kami, he's eating plenty so he'll fatten up as he gets older. They tend to get their length first & gain accordingly. You're doing great with him! He sounds very alert and wanting to be in the middle of all the action in your place, so glad to hear that, means he's good and strong and healthy :D Whoever says you're doing anything wrong is out of place, just keep doing what you're doing, k? He's on a really big growth spurt :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Suki- you're right the first pic on the first page he was maybe 6-7" I didnt have a tape measurer at the time.
They grow up fast just like kittens and puppies maybe even faster. Broly is at least 6 months old (Im going with 6 months old, Petco said 4 months (when I purchased in February this year) and that was incorrect but he was bigger than the other babies). I think he may have hogged the food from the others LOL. Glad Broly isn't the only one being moody during shed and also he goes off food a bit but wants only protein during shed more than greens but will eat it.

Deb- thank you! I figured length was first then fat (including the fat pads) gain when reached the final
length. A friend in an email said he was "thin" not dangerously thin to the point of death she said to feed him more. I guess the fact her 11 month old is longer and has fat pads she sees mine as thin and no fat. Yes, he likes attention and commotion the TV isn't enough anymore.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom