Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I measured yesterday I put him in his tub no water and measured since he wanted to run. LETS CELEBRATE 12"!
Hes officially 12" as of yesterday. Legs are thicker still shedding other legs. So far hes on the paper towel ready to drop poop. If I can't get him to go in the bath then paper towel for sure! I'm not gonna clean it off anymore haha kidding if its on the carpet I will clean it. Who doesn't clean after their lizard? It's gross if nobody cleans it. Would anyone wanna be stuck in a box with their own business? Right the answer is no. Anyway, hes good about taking water from a bowl (low humidity on sunny days) I do take it out on rainy days because humidity is fine. Eats everything under the sun if I let him. Shedding kills appetite somewhat other than that great lizard loves to run around and then he is knocked out.

Salt water going good, damsels are still alive.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hes 85 grams as of Wednesday. He gains 6 since last weighed Im happy about that. Getting to 100 quick.

Also I do one picture every once in awhile. It's not a bother just not so picture crazy. It's not a bad thing eveyone takes tons of pictures of their beardies. Thats fantastic I just dont like to but I do feed and care for him like anyone would.
So here is a picture:

F1BF0C78-9A53-4085-BFE9-E26657A13AC1_zpsjsedqzkh.jpg

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks ladies! Hes doing well he hit 92g yesterday. It was 85 on Wednesday. Hes also 2" over 12" thats so cool. Hes shedding his head, back right leg and front left leg and part of his tail. Hes starting to snuggle up when hes shedding or his stomach is upset. Other than that, no shed or upset he runs around. While parts of his body are grey in color I can snuggle and he won't move. He watched Jurassic Park on TV he just loves dinosaurs. Bobs/black beards at the rex but he's fine with other dinosaurs. I think they remimd him what a reptile is or something or they just look like bigger beardies to him Idk for sure.

Speaking of Jurassic Park..I saw Jurassic World yesterday I thought it was fantastic some may disagree. I seen all Jurassic movies since 1993 in theaters. Anytime they came out with new Jurassic movie I saw it in theaters. I love dinosaurs like Broly (Vash did too). I was so drawn into the movie so if there was distractions (you know sometimes you get those people who whisper behind or in front of you or the kicker behind you) I didnt notice any. It was that good in my opinion.

PS I agree Esther hes a handsome boy!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Broly is 12 1/2" and 97 grams! Man, he's almost 13"!
He did poop and it was solid with lots of water...well he
does drink a lot in the bath and top of moisture foods :roll:.
So it had runny appearance but not really runny itself.

My gerbil, Thor is turning 2 years old on June 20! I got a chewable hide and his apple flips treat he gets once a month.

July 1-5, I will be in California for an anime convention with a couple friends so I will be flying out. Mom will be home to take care of him after work she works at 8 so Broly will need to wake up at 7 oh well. She'll do crix when she gets off she'll just drop pellets in before she goes. He still needs his calcium Thur as Im leaving Wednesday I'll give him calcium. Sun and Monday too as calcium is Sun-Thu and vitamin Fri and Sat. I'll be sure to text he's getting it all. She won't give him a bath as of in fear of him getting sick and dying because she didnt dry him properly or any fungal/bacterial infections. I come home Monday so I'll give him his calcium then. Bath before I go but can't do it again once Im on the plane.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Deb, my mom will love to hear that she won't have to give baths. I will be doing baths on Mon night when I return home. He did change his bathroom time instead of every morning it's every day whenever it wants out. I mean it as in #2 not Broly. My damsels are doing great I should post pics of them. I got a pet store holding my eel it's a baby snowflake and it will go in my 30 then after it grows then in my 150 gallon with my other eels. They're holding it till my grow out tank cycles. In my 150 I have 3 adults and theyll kill it so I can't stick him in there. So Broly is about hitting the 13" hes like maybe 4" away. On Monday we'll see if hes 13". Also he spits out litter when he picks it up so hes learned his lesson from last time. Good job, Broly.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So my toe is better so back to skateboarding but never land feet first into a tree.

Broly's whole tail is going into shed. I guarantee you it's the middle part going first, way it's always been. He has eaten but not pooped yet. I do have to switch my Reptisun tube with my extra in August and will order two more for next year. I change every 6 months so my changing months are February and August. I gotta T8 tube but at least it's a Reptisun 10.0 tube! Anyway off that subject....
Broly has been growing and I try not to measure his length
too much. He gets annoyed and bites the tape measurer. No worries, he can't bite a piece and eat it. I will weigh him later after he poops. Sometimes they lose grams just by going so Im going to wait till he goes.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hello all!

Broly is 13" long and 105 grams (was 109 and he pooped after weighing so he dropped 4 grams). It's finally gettin too warm for CHE at night. Humidity does climb up during night and no water dish in the tank. He finally shed one eyelid. I'm starting to think he's 6 months with a 13" size. Not fattened up yet but whatever he may be a lean dragon like Vash was. He eats tons and his poops are fine. He changed his bathroom schedule to every afternoon instead of mornings. He didnt go potty on Saturday. He did go yesterday in his tank and today in his bath. Since he does eat shed skin and sometimes bits of paper towel because..well he seems to always bite at it to play with it so white chunks (not big) in his poop. I know what parasite eggs look like since I lost snakes to them in the past. I have my microscope set out to test fecals myself like I did when I was 17 and no vet in Vegas for exotics and Google images when I got to a computer. Luckily, no parasites ever in Vash (well a high number at least) or ever saw rice grains floating around or stringy worm-like creatures moving. Broly is the same, hes clean since I remembered what they look like. These white pieces are skin and paper towel...hes not playing with those anymore skin he always eats I would like him to stop but whatever.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Broly is super cute. Love the picture. Glad he's growing so fast. I'm sure he will be just fine while you are gone. Just have a fantastic time and don't worry. He will be thrilled when you return. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey Mindi!

Growing tremendously! Only hit 13" on Sun and it's Tuesday and still isn't done shedding. He'll be 15" before I know it.
He had a vet appointment anyway today so I decided a fecal as well (hadn't done one in a while). Parasite/worm levels are fine..good parasite/worms stay low! So his back of the head and body are shedding, tail still going white not flaking. Looks like legs are done and top part of beard I guess we call it chin...? is done shedding. So hes been more moody than ever even puffed up at the vet no bites though. Hes amazed at how big hes gotten since April. Everything looks great. No ailments going on.
No fungi, no bacterial or anything. MBD...yeah right..I don't think he can get it with good lights and calcium supplements. Since Im flying out from Eugune mom is going to stop by Petco (they sell Reptisun 10.0 tubes like Roseburg) and get two more for next year. So I'll be set.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yeah, thank you Deb!

I did ask the vet where his fat pads are ( I know an obsession with me). He said he's growin in length right now it seems. Then said I say give him till he's 10 months old maybe you'll see them. He said they're not even dimpled in some dragons are lean. His tail well eventually they'll be some fat there just not yet according to the vet but not horribly hip bones or spine showing. Without the pronounced fat pads, he's very healthy well for now ...hadn't checked weight since Saturday. Hoping higher than 109. He never feels or looks like he's over 100 grams. My scale can't lie. My vet gave me some encouraging words, he said "he's fine and not to worry about those fat pads theyll come in when ready he's still a juvie not an adult. You may even see them when he's a year old. So unless he loses weight and seems sick he's going to be ok. Im a good vet to you and I know you obsess over this fat pads thing but he will get them. You can come to me anytime there's an issue ok?" He knows about my condition and can get stuck on something and fat pads seem to be the topic right now. It will move on to another one day. It's just nerve wracking if he's really 6 months old I thought he would have them.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Got my hair and pedicure done today. Found a leo gecko and took her to the vet shes fine. She's in a 20 gallon that was in our basement and cleaned. Posted flyers about her hope her owner finds her. She ate a bowl of crix so far and in a makeshift hide for now I wasn't expecting to find a gecko. Im in no way wanting to keep her but I will either keep her or hand her over to the reptile people if her owner doesnt come. Broly thinks she's food even though he just ate. She's obviously someone's pet she's already friendly to hands. I didnt pick her up she ate from my hand. I'm going to leave her be and see how she is tonight. She's hiding right now.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom