BEST UV/ Basking bulb for my 55 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a cheap bulb from petco, and it's not really heating up the tank.I was wondering what type of bulbs do you guys use? Is the T-Rex bulb good? Which watt should I use?Any other suggestions?

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Powersun MVB 150W, for a 55g tank... you may need an additional heat emitting source, like a CHE(Ceramic Heat Emitter). Since the 55g is quite tall.

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
You know, I am quite new to all this really.. but I am just suggesting what I am using currently that is working for me.

But, the Reptisun 10.0 I would think can be used in conjunction with the Powersun... I think, I have heard of people using to UVB bulbs before. I had actually, and WILL be when I get a new bulb for my T5HO be using both the Powersun and Reptisun together.

But for a basking spot bulb for heat and just plain ole' light, you can get a clear bulb for the heat. I hear they work great, and are VERY cheap.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
If you've already got a ReptiSun 10 for UV, and just want light/heat for basking
(which is what it sounds like), just use any old Halogen SpotLight/FloodLight from
your local hardware store.

For a 55 gallon, 55-75 watts will probably be sufficient unless you're room is unusually cool
(it may even be too much, those lamps get really hot. If so use a lamp dimmer on it).

FYI: a 55 gallon is really too small for most adult beardies. 55 gallon tanks are fine on length
at 48" but are too narrow at 12" (meaning about 11 1/2" internally) for most beardies.

Robert0151

Original Poster
Yeah, I think I may go with the flood light. And I am using the 55 gallon for a 6 in baby. She most likely will get a bigger custom tank when she's bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom