UV lighting & venting advice for 70" wide enclosure

uscpsycho

I am building a 70" x 30" and not sure what the best way to handle UV lighting is.

I could have a single 24/36/48 inch tube in the center.

Or I can put a single 24/36/48 tube on the same side as the basking spot. And this will leave a large part of the enclosure UV-free if the animal wants to get out of the UV.

Or I can have 24+36 so it covers the enclosure with UV from end to end.

Any other suggestions? What would be the best option?

Regarding venting, I've always used prefab cages and never even thought about this before. No idea what I should do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am building a 70" x 30" and not sure what the best way to handle UV lighting is.

I could have a single 24/36/48 inch tube in the center.

Or I can put a single 24/36/48 tube on the same side as the basking spot. And this will leave a large part of the enclosure UV-free if the animal wants to get out of the UV.

Or I can have 24+36 so it covers the enclosure with UV from end to end.

Any other suggestions? What would be the best option?

Regarding venting, I've always used prefab cages and never even thought about this before. No idea what I should do?
What is the length? You said 70 inches wide what about height?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
And this will leave a large part of the enclosure UV-free if the animal wants to get out of the UV.
This is ideal. Just like a heat gradient you want a UV gradient.

For a 70" long I'd go with a 48'' on the hot side. The height of the bulb to the basking surface will determine if you want to go with a Reptisun 10.0 HO / Arcadia 12% or an Arcadia 14%.

- Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom