Bearded dragon poop! Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this poop look normal? It has the white spot but kinda brownish color at the end of the pee spot please let me know thank u so much!
89362-2971665464.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The brown coating on the urate happens now and then. Most discolorations are diet based from what I've seen. As long as it doesn't look really dry (dehydration) or messy (upset stomach) it should be OK.

LouP

Oh boy, mine has not been going a lot and when he does it's kind of hard and dry lately. How to you get a beardie hydrated? I always leave a water dish for him during the day and I mist his face and body before I leave and I leave him romaine in his dish to snack on.

LouP :roll:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try some hydrating veges like yellow and green squash. Cut them into small slices that look like worms - that works well for me. They should be able to get most of their hydration from food. Gutloaded bugs (after they eat lots of fresh veges) help too. To supplement, take a plastic syringe or plastic dropper and drip water on their nose. If they're thirsty they will lick it up. They do this in the wild. They'll tilt their head forward in rain and let the water drip down their head and lick it up off their nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom