Traci???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I just got pancur from the vet. It says 100mg/ml and they gave me three syringes of. 1 ml To be given three days in a row. Sound right? And it's white chalky liquid

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I got .08 ml of 100 ml/mg (pancur) 3 syringes for 3 days in a row. It's white chalky stuff. Sound right?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you giving your male the oral panacur correct? If so, the .08ml is't right, if it's based on
the 10% solution or 100mg/ml. He should be getting .27ml. How is he doing today?
That is crazy, I have never heard of external parasites, other than mites which isn't the same
thing. The vet gave you a topical cream to put on him? I would not use that because it might
be Ivermectin/Ivomec type of paste & he doesn't need that.

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It was like an oil, but that was a week-ish ago. Today was the second dose. The total is about .27, but it's over three doses. he's still not eating, though he did eat some mustard greens today. Still getting black beards and a bit lazy. Went in his cave after medecine, 5:00pm. I know it's like every time I go to this vet (THE ONLY EXOTIC FOR MILES AND MILES) I learn something else he's doing wrong. I always refer to you guys before taking his recommendations. I've actually had to insist on tests in the past because I felt in my bones that my baby wasn't well when he assured me he "looked good." There is a "VCA" nearby, (have you heard of them?) but they don't have a reptile vet that's "board certified." I only started going to
"Weare (NH) Animal Hospital" because VCA refers EVERYONE in the area to "Dr. Dutton." Even the local patch takes all their reptiles to him! I'm pissed, he's clearly misleading in his knowledge. They even just got a display in the office with a bearded dragon in it. Right off the bat I noticed they had kale for food (calcium binding) sand for substrate, and 50% humidity! And even cheep dial gauges. But about VCA, don't know if you read earlier in this post about how this all started, copper has blood in his urate, Dr. Dutton gave the "oil-like" drops on coppers back (for pinworms) and sent us home with that 3 week long harsh medecine for coccidia (we don't use it even when they get it, we have baytox at home) all WITHOUT a fecal!!! After the fecal showed only pinworms, HE SAID GIVE THE COCCIDIA MEDECINE ANYWAY! Said because it could still be present even though it's negative! I talked to VCA because I couldn't get ahold of anyone on here quick enough, and though the reptile vet at VCA may not be board certified, he at least had the sense to say I would not treat for coccidia if it's not present in the fecal. Oh my gosh right? I don't know what I'd do without you guys. By all right I never should have got a beardie without a proper vet around, but I thought I had this guy to count on. Ugh!

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
so today was coppers last dose of pancur. .08 x 3 = .24 is the total suppose to be .27 or each dose? If it helps him, how long till he physically appears to be doing better?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Copper doing now? He is done with his treatment now? It looks like you got the doses
correct though, the total was .24ml divided by 3 estimated.
I would give him a week or so to give the panacur time to fully exit his system so he will
start feeling better. Did you get him on probiotics now also?
That is crazy the vet was going to treat for coccidia, even if he didn't have it. Vets just
overmedicate so badly sometimes. Did you find another vet then, is he/she better?

Keep us posted on Copper!
Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
There literally nobody else around, except VCA. Ran a fecal in copper Sunday. Came back because. But he still doesn't seem quite himself. Doesn't bask much. Won't eat roaches. Gets irritable when handled. One thing that made me nervous (because of problems Rex had before she passed) is sometimes when he goes to walk off of my hand, instead of walking forward, he kinda curves his body to the right and almost sort of flops/steps forward. I believe Rex had a nerve or muscle problem (possibly multiple things, she was very sick :( before she passed) because she had trouble with balance and walking. Our floors are part carpet and part hard wood. He does fine in the carpet, but slips a lot on the wood. Ive been thinking its just slippery, but it just occurred to me that RJ doesn't slip that much. RJ runs and then slides on it, but is still able to keep his legs firm. Coppers whole body usually almost flattens right out because of his legs sliding out from under him. Could it be a muscle problem? I don't really know what the signs are. Anyway, thanks for asking. Any thoughts or feed back is appreciated

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So Copper has a hard time walking/running on hard wood floors? Well, many of them do, but
some seem to be able to walk on it better than others for some reason. Has he been shaky or
off balance then?
Did you get the fecal results back & were they better? How is his appetite doing now since he
is off his meds?

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Doesn't seem to be shaky or off balance. Yes fecal was negative, which is why i was surprised he still wouldn't eat roaches. Idon't know maybe he's being picky. But id think it would be much harder for a growing/hungry boy to hold out for a food he prefers. Plus he doesn't seem to have just energy. Also i noticed that (at least most of the time) it seems he gets black beard when I've taken him out of his tank and he wants to go back

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh by the way, back when we brought him in for blood in his urate, the vet did an xray, so i assume that would cover any other potential problems visable by X-ray. Do you think it would be worth it to get blood work done? I just feel like something's off with him. There's no glaring signs ofba problem. But for example, his lights have been on since 7:00 am, it's now 10:30 and he's still on the floor in his "t-shirt cave" that i set up for him at bed time last night.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
TRACI? Did you get my question about blood work? He's still barely eating, and very lazy. I don't have a clue what could be wrong with him

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Sorry I missed your last entry.
How is your boy?
Yes, it is always worth getting a blood test done, if everything else has been exhausted. I hope
it is nothing, but with them, you just never know. They hide illnesses so well that it makes it
hard.
Is his weight stable though right now?
He could just be brumating as a lot of them seem to want to do in winter/early spring. It's like
they are on Australian time or something. Our dragons are lazy/sleepy too. Our boy has always
brumated this time of year, ever since we first brought him home as a baby.
He blackbeards though & wants back in his tank? It sounds like he is a bit grouchy & tired. What
is his age again?

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
His weight has been ok. He's still under a year. Maybe 9 months, i don't recall exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom