Wrinkly Skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

towelie200

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone! My little boy has wrinkly skin, he only has it when he walks, not when he basks or anything else, I see him drink out of his water a couple times throughout the day, what is it? :D

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Wrinkly skin can be a minor indication of dehydration, an underweight body condition, or an otherwise normal occurrence.

How old is your dragon?
What do you feed him?
Do you ever soak your dragon?

-Glue

towelie200

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My beardie is about 2 months old from his size and length, he eats three times every day, about 3-4 crickets both times, yes i do soak him, recently when i attempt to pick him up for a bath he jumps out of my hands back into his enclosure. so not in the last two days, but i plan on it tomorrow for sure

Supamom73

Hatchling Member
towelie200":1xsugpb7 said:
My beardie is about 2 months old from his size and length, he eats three times every day, about 3-4 crickets both times, yes i do soak him, recently when i attempt to pick him up for a bath he jumps out of my hands back into his enclosure. so not in the last two days, but i plan on it tomorrow for sure

So your little guy only gets about 8 - 12 crickets a day? I'm going to hazard a guess (since I'm new too) and say that is not enough. My new little guys eats 8-12 each sitting. Sometimes more. I also dust them with calcium, and I will be getting vitamins to dust on the weekends. From what I've read on these forums though, most eat a dozen or more each feeding of what it is they eat. And make sure they are the same size or smaller than the space between his eyes... :) Hope that helps a little!

DeeDee1990

towelie200":1ofd5mn1 said:

Your underfeeding him, at that age he should be eating as many crickets as he can in 10-15 minutes 2-3 times a day. Are you dusting his food with calcium and vitamins? How long are you soaking him? How often are you soaking him?

towelie200

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have just recently been dusting with calcium and vitamins.Yeah, ive been reading multiple places that i may not be feeding him enough, im a new owner so im still kind of filtering all the opinions and such :D I fed him today and he ate about nine crickets in a siting, so there is improvement :D

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, you were underfeeding him, but its alright, you're new at these - no biggie =)

On that note, always feed appropriate sized feeders. Never feed anything larger than the space between their eyes.
At this age (until about 1-1.5 years in age) he/she should be eating 75% insects and 25% vegetables, and it should be primarily crickets and occasional mealworms (as long as he is old enough), waxworms (as treats), butterworms, phoenix worms, etc. The amount of crickets being fed will fluxuate depending on periodic growth spurts. My male at that age would eat crickets anywhere from 70-100 crickets a day, whereas my female ate about 40-60 crickets a day

Also refer to beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition for nutritional information regarding salads.

-Glue

towelie200

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay I have a question, are Dubais better feeders? I hate crickets, and I heard dibias are much better all around, is this true?

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, Dubia and Lobster roaches, as well as phoenix worms, are among the best feeders. I however refuse to have anything with the name "roach" in my house. But if you are interested, there are many feeder websites that sell them. They are among the most nutritional feeders. I usually order worms and such from mulberryfarms.com

-Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom