A Brand New Update On Mr. Maya

noella5088

Juvie Member
Today, I gave Maya a 10 minute soak in warm water and betadine solution. He normally wouldn't soak for a minute! I guess he liked his new bath tub after all. :)

For those who are tuning in, I took Maya to his vet for some mysterious growths on his beard and back. One was an ever prominent black skin tag and the other was a flower growth growing on his beard. I also noticed another growth on his beard that I didn't even catch until at the vet's office that day. I wrote down a list of 'could be's from a few people throughout a couple of facebook groups and from the helpful people on here. I shared the information with the vet and he spent an hour -looking everything up. He told me that the growths were 'fungal-related skin tags'. He prescribed a cream for me to apply to his skin tags and any other suspicious spots for 14 days. If the tags do not fall off- he would help snip them off.
Today, after soaking, the black skin tag is about to fall off and I used a magnifying glass to check the scales underneath the skin tag. Healthy scales. No - damage. So, now we're waiting for that skin tag to fall off along with the flower one too and the one on his beard is starting to as well.

He hasn't lost any weight.
He hasn't lost any appetite.

And I have a digestive conditioner coming in from bearded dragon .co along with chlorhexidine.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sounds good !
I think he's starting to feel more like himself. He cuddled before he fell asleep. He didn't do this for a long time. He did his little head wiggle and snuggled up to my neck.
The black skin tag is getting smaller? Flatter? Not as big as it used to be. It's shrinking.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom