WOOT! HES SHEDING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yeah i got him in there soaking now how long should i soak him. I mean youve seen his pic his red skin is actually pink I think its from the scales trying to come off but cant

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, a 3 month old should shed fairly easily, could actually take up to a wk before it totally comes off. Had you been giving him baths to keep him well hydrated? What's the humidity level in his tank?

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
humidty as far as i know is extremely low since i dont keep water in his tank and hes gets baths once a day. (today hes on his 3rd bath im trying to soak him good on this one becuase i really would like him to shed ) its been 4 days and hes still whiteish colored with pink markings (faded red from dead skin) and only a little chip has come off his chin. Hes so moody >> I would be too

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is this the beardie that's in the garage? Do you have a humidity gauge in the tank? What are the temps and what type of thermometer are you using?

Actually, 4 days of whitish skin isn't anything to worry about. How is he acting that shows you that he is miserable?

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yep same one and instead of being active like he ussually is hes lays around barely moving, rubbing his face and body against everything trying to shed but i guess the scales arnt loose yet

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
While you're giving him the baths, you could use a soft toothbrush to help loosen them up a little.

Do you have a humidity gauge in the tank? What are the temps and what type of thermometer are you using? What UVB are you using and how old is that bulb?

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
okie i do not have a humity gauge i have acurite duel cord with the thingy XD at each end that measures both cool and hot side, i also use reptisun10 its 2 months old

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good that you have an Acurite thermometer, it must be the one without the humidity readout? What are the temps?

Is the Repti-Sun a coil/compact or strip fluorescent bulb? What is the distance of it?

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
its a tube and since the tank is 12 inches high the highest point in the tank he can reach it at is 8 inches away. temps right now are 103 an 81 atm he wanted out of tank put em on my chest hes fast asleep while im trying to eat xD

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good that it's the tube bulb and the distance is fine. If you're sure that his tank is very dry, you could add a water dish at least during the day and that should help raise the humidity so that he sheds easier.

That's cute that he's sound asleep on your chest. :love5:

I really wouldn't recommend using the vaseline because it would be hard to get off and if he is sitting under his basking light with it on, he could get burned very badly. How many times did you apply the cocoa butter? Was it the cream or stick?

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it was a stick and i only applyed it once and alright ill try that in the norning with the water and im sure its dry xD theres no mostiure in there

ps: hes just spoiled he fell asleep on my chest so i put a blankey on him poor thing he realy is having a rough time but hes so cute he gave my bf the dont touch me look last night when he fell asleep on me. my nf reached over to pet him and i swear it was the evil eye

haha just give him a bath for 15 minutes and he will b fine i own two of them i will be breeding them soon so hope little guy sheds and what size tank do u have em in i have both of mine in a 80 gallon or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom