Bearded Dragon won’t poop

I’m honestly so baffled and considering taking my bearded dragon into the vet soon. He just turned 7 years old recently. For the past 3 months, hes always been constipated and having trouble pooping. He is now going for periods of 2-3 weeks without pooping at all! Yet, despite this, he is eating all his food normally. He’s been active and I’ve observed no odd behaviors. Temps are all normal. His diet has remained 80% veggies and 20% protein. He gets all his necessary calcium, eats mainly crickets, collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, bok choy, kale, occasionally carrots. Last time just to get him to poop, I had to give him baby prune food through a syringe and that worked. I have literally no clue wha his issue is. He seems perfectly normal otherwise. Pic attached is him in his second bath this week, for 20 minutes and still no poop! If you have any ideas, please help me out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 59

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I’m honestly so baffled and considering taking my bearded dragon into the vet soon. He just turned 7 years old recently. For the past 3 months, hes always been constipated and having trouble pooping. He is now going for periods of 2-3 weeks without pooping at all! Yet, despite this, he is eating all his food normally. He’s been active and I’ve observed no odd behaviors. Temps are all normal. His diet has remained 80% veggies and 20% protein. He gets all his necessary calcium, eats mainly crickets, collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, bok choy, kale, occasionally carrots. Last time just to get him to poop, I had to give him baby prune food through a syringe and that worked. I have literally no clue wha his issue is. He seems perfectly normal otherwise. Pic attached is him in his second bath this week, for 20 minutes and still no poop! If you have any ideas, please help me out.
Have you tried sweet potato on his salads?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No vet or enemas- it is not uncommon for dragons not to poop for 3 weeks or longer- as long as his surface basking temps are 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer- and uvb is not a coil but long tube fixture properly placed for the screen on the tank he will poop- natural laxatives like he prune juice or plain canned pumpkin unsweetened applesauce or shredded sweet potatoe will work

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom