Lethargic

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
he is about 3-4 years old and he isnt moving out of under his basking spot all day from 8:20am (before i leave for school) and is still in the same place but facing a diff way when i get back at 4pm. hes my first ever beardie and he also has very droopy eyes. any suggestions or ideas before i take him to a vet?
If you wanted to you can make this for him to give him energy:

Attachments

• IMG_3539.jpeg
    IMG_3539.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 47

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The temperature seems a little high for an adult, they usually like it closer to 36-37 isch.

The coil UVB is really bad, you want that switched out for a long tube ASAP! @KarrieRee knows the best ones I believe.

Also the tank is waaay to small. You want a 120x60x60 cm at the bare minimum. If your dragon is an average size you would be breaking the law with an enclosure this small.
Where would you be breaking the law because of the tank size ?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Where would you be breaking the law because of the tank size ?
In germany the tank for a bearded dragon needs to be 5x4x3 times their lenght in cm (snout to vent).
So for a 22cm dragon that leaves you with a 110x88x66 cm tank. Smaller would be considered not species-appropriate husbandry.
I don't know the penalty or if somebody is actually checking this though.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Not illegal in the U.S or probably not in the U.K [ correct me if I'm wrong U.K b.d. owners ]
Probably not and it's a little overkill imo.
It's just germany that seems to have a law for EVERYTHING and 90% are #$%@!
🤣

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
In germany the tank for a bearded dragon needs to be 5x4x3 times their lenght in cm (snout to vent).
So for a 22cm dragon that leaves you with a 110x88x66 cm tank. Smaller would be considered not species-appropriate husbandry.
I don't know the penalty or if somebody is actually checking this though.
So, in order not to break the law, for a dragon 50 cm (20 inches) long, we need a terrarium 2.5 m long (100 inches, i.e. almost 9 feet)?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
So, in order not to break the law, for a dragon 50 cm (20 inches) long, we need a terrarium 2.5 m long (100 inches, i.e. almost 9 feet)?
50cm snout to vent would be an extremely big dragon but yes in theory that's true.
The measurement excludes the lenght of the tail!

Squashiez

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Baz
Squashiez can you please post pics of your dragon and set up ? Have you owned him since he was small ?
Yes I’ve had him since a baby and I’ll post one in a couple hours I need to give him water and I have some stuff to do

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom