UVB fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":30ewnktr said:
That is a T 5 sorry --- so for $31 you can get a light fixture and a bulb for $20 --- from there the Arcadia 14% is a good bulb as well - they dont need to be changed out but once a year
Karrie
Where is this? what web site

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":24595qt1 said:
That is a T 5 sorry --- so for $31 you can get a light fixture and a bulb for $20 --- from there the Arcadia 14% is a good bulb as well - they dont need to be changed out but once a year
Karrie
So what should be the proper percentage for a beardie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Better than 10 the higher the better-- not sure but 14 might be the highest I am not sure- some others on here would haft to answer that - go look at hiccups pic s
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The 14% is very strong and should only be used in big tanks really. Arcadia states that the 14% should be between 18 and 24 inches from the basking surface. (Note this doesnt mean the floor) a lot of tanks aren't even that tall. If you figure your basking site is 6 inches tall, you'll need at least a 24 tall tank at the minimum.

31715-243983190.jpg

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh dear should I raise Hiccups ? His sits about 13 inches above his basking spot - hes in a 4x2x2--
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2k525xcy said:
The 14% is very strong and should only be used in big tanks really. Arcadia states that the 14% should be between 18 and 24 inches from the basking surface. (Note this doesnt mean the floor) a lot of tanks aren't even that tall. If you figure your basking site is 6 inches tall, you'll need at least a 24 tall tank at the minimum.

31715-243983190.jpg

-Brandon
I'm planning to upgrade my Smaug's tank from a 10 gallon (he is a baby) to a 40 gallon breeder tank. The tank is 18 inches tall so should I just get the Reptisun 10.0 tube

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Depends if you want to mount it inside the tank or outside the tank. The reptisun 10.0 t8 should be around 8 inches to the basking site.

The reptisun 10.0 t5 should be around 12 or so.

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":oq31qfh4 said:
Depends if you want to mount it inside the tank or outside the tank. The reptisun 10.0 t8 should be around 8 inches to the basking site.

The reptisun 10.0 t5 should be around 12 or so.

-Brandon
I thought the T8 was stronger than the T5

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
BeardedDragonSteve":36eyekxa said:
I did too at first. Seems counter-intuitive, eh? Turns out they use different technologies, so the T5 has a higher output than the T8. Reptisun has charts explaining the different bulbs, purposes, outputs, and distances. Sorry I don't have the link handy, but it shouldn't be hard to find. :wink:

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":1dhqugv8 said:
BeardedDragonSteve":1dhqugv8 said:
I did too at first. Seems counter-intuitive, eh? Turns out they use different technologies, so the T5 has a higher output than the T8. Reptisun has charts explaining the different bulbs, purposes, outputs, and distances. Sorry I don't have the link handy, but it shouldn't be hard to find. :wink:
What would be the best percentage for Arcadia to buy

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
14 for large tank 4x2x2--- 12 for like a 40 gallon or so recommend size for dragon 75 or 120 gallon
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Use the chart I listed above. Its arcadias recommendations.

A 14% very well might be too strong even in a 4x2x2 since the basking site will obviously be raised.

-Brandon

I feel like I was just on a rollercoaster reading this thread :lol: I have Barry's UV mounted inside of the tank, about 8-10 inches from his basking site depending on which side he lays on and I was worried it was too close. I'm using a Repti 10 so it looks like I'm in good shape.

Thanks for the informative image!

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":21ld2w8a said:
Use the chart I listed above. Its arcadias recommendations.

A 14% very well might be too strong even in a 4x2x2 since the basking site will obviously be raised.

-Brandon
What if you have the emitter on a screen lid because the screens cuts out some of the uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom