UVB Lighting

neelaluoma

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Hello,

So this might be a dumb question. But I have the T8 Zilla 18in 15 watt UVB tube fixture…but I was informed it was not strong enough. I purchased the ZooMed T5 HO UVB tub fixture but it was only 14in. (which I didn’t realize)

Do I order a new light that’s bigger(if so which one)? Or can I use them together? Keep in mind my enclosure it equivalent to a 40 gallon (Exo Terra) (I know it’s small…I checked with vet and since she’s old it should be okay)

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

So this might be a dumb question. But I have the T8 Zilla 18in 15 watt UVB tube fixture…but I was informed it was not strong enough. I purchased the ZooMed T5 HO UVB tub fixture but it was only 14in. (which I didn’t realize)

Do I order a new light that’s bigger(if so which one)? Or can I use them together? Keep in mind my enclosure it equivalent to a 40 gallon (Exo Terra) (I know it’s small…I checked with vet and since she’s old it should be okay)

Thank you!
Please get a 24" fixture - zoo med - Arcadia pro T 5 12% 24 watt or a sunblaster nano tech - I can post links if you like

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you so much! Yes, that would be great! I am not sure where to order from :)
Zoo Med w/ Reptisun 10.0 T 5
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
this one can be found at Pet Smart
you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
or this one - you will need to get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for this fixture posted above
2 ft fixture or 24 inch
when you get the fixture please post I will help you get it placed - the placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank

neelaluoma

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Zoo Med w/ Reptisun 10.0 T 5
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
this one can be found at Pet Smart
you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
or this one - you will need to get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for this fixture posted above
2 ft fixture or 24 inch
when you get the fixture please post I will help you get it placed - the placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank
Thank you so much for the help! I definitely will!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom