Need help finding a fixture for my beardies reptisun 10.0 25 watt T8 fluorescent bulb that's 36 inches

creatureguy

So recently my fixture for my lizard went out and he's been without UVB for about 2 days while we've struggled to find something that will actually work. I have him outside with me trying to get him some sun at the moment.
Where can we find a fixture that isn't a hood that will actually work? Everything is for T5 or LED and my guy needs uvb sooner than later. Amazon doesn't seem to have anything.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So recently my fixture for my lizard went out and he's been without UVB for about 2 days while we've struggled to find something that will actually work. I have him outside with me trying to get him some sun at the moment.
Where can we find a fixture that isn't a hood that will actually work? Everything is for T5 or LED and my guy needs uvb sooner than later. Amazon doesn't seem to have anything.
I recommend you upgrade to a T 5 - T 8's are good for smaller tanks- anything 40+ gallon should be a T 5 unless your tank is only 16" high then a T 8 would be fine- you can find a good uvb- at PetSmart - the Arcadia pro T 5 12% bulb 24 watt is one recommended on this forum - there are two others recommended if you would like links for them

creatureguy

Original Poster
I recommend you upgrade to a T 5 - T 8's are good for smaller tanks- anything 40+ gallon should be a T 5 unless your tank is only 16" high then a T 8 would be fine- you can find a good uvb- at PetSmart - the Arcadia pro T 5 12% bulb 24 watt is one recommended on this forum - there are two others recommended if you would like links for them
we just barely bought a new bulb unfortunately i don't think we could return it ):

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Getting him in the sun a few times a week for at least an hour will make up for any time you don't have a good uvb bulb.
And a t8 is fine if it's not too far from the basking spot. Can you by chance post a pic to show the distance ?

creatureguy

Original Poster
Getting him in the sun a few times a week for at least an hour will make up for any time you don't have a good uvb bulb.
And a t8 is fine if it's not too far from the basking spot. Can you by chance post a pic to show the distance
yeah I'm definitely gonna try getting him out as much as possible
It's about a foot give or take but he has a shelf that takes up a bit of space that he hangs out on a lot that's about half of that or a little bit more, we've never had a problem with his calcium and he's active and eats well

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i don't use hoods because of how it takes away a lot of the uvb and i don't have space for one unfortunately the bulb needs to go inside the tank
Hoods are recommended - the uvb rays are directed downward to him giving him better uvb and they- do increase intensity - that is why distance and placement is a crucial - w/ no hood he's not benefitting from the bulb

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member

Just a heads up, I was at PetSmart last week getting a new bulb for Thor and they had all their Arcadia bulbs marked for clearance. I would check out Dubia.com

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom