Ugh, Impaction. =-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Well, it's been 5 days since Zing has pooped. Im getting worried. The thing is, he was on supers for 5 days recently, so that's why I'm so worried. I have given him two baths, and I just got done massaging him.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Haley how big/an old is Zinger now?
The supers may be to much for him to handle.
Try giving him some pumpkin this has helped with Itty Bitty when she wasn't going.
Continue to give the baths but I'd give him one every day and massage his belly while he is in the tub.
Keep him in the bath for a full 20 minutes so he absorbs lots of water thru his vent hopefully this might help.
Don't give him anymore supers for awhile. Some beardies even when they are over 15 inches still may have a hard time digesting supers. I wouldn't even give him any solid food until he goes if you are that worried. If you have or have access to a jar of baby food applesauce/squash I would feed him that instead of solid food until he goes.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":5dbf6 said:
Haley how big/an old is Zinger now?
The supers may be to much for him to handle.
Try giving him some pumpkin this has helped with Itty Bitty when she wasn't going.
Continue to give the baths but I'd give him one every day and massage his belly while he is in the tub.
Keep him in the bath for a full 20 minutes so he absorbs lots of water thru his vent hopefully this might help.
Don't give him anymore supers for awhile. Some beardies even when they are over 15 inches still may have a hard time digesting supers. I wouldn't even give him any solid food until he goes if you are that worried. If you have or have access to a jar of baby food applesauce/squash I would feed him that instead of solid food until he goes.

Yes, I only fed him supers because it was the only thing the petstore had.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
May I suggest that you keep a few jars of chicken baby food around incase this ever happens again. Incase your local pet store doesn't always have what you need. It's cheap and works great when your in a bind. I now grow my own feeders so I always have a supply but I still keep baby food on hand. In the future using baby food is a much better option than using supers. I'm thinking that you know this now. Zinger is not much bigger than he was in the video on photobucket, right? So he is still to small for supers.

Has he gone poop yet?

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":96285 said:
May I suggest that you keep a few jars of chicken baby food around incase this ever happens again. Incase your local pet store doesn't always have what you need. It's cheap and works great when your in a bind. I now grow my own feeders so I always have a supply but I still keep baby food on hand. In the future using baby food is a much better option than using supers. I'm thinking that you know this now. Zinger is not much bigger than he was in the video on photobucket, right? So he is still to small for supers.

Has he gone poop yet?
No he hasn't pooped =-(
He is much bigger!! In that vid he ws 8 inches long, now he's barely under 15.
I'm gonna see if I can run to the store and get babyfood. He's giving me his "angel" look right now. Yea right, lol :roll:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just want him to go!!!! :cry:
I'm worried...even though it hasn't been that long!!!

Would pics help? Or video?

Julie77

Hatchling Member
We are in the same boat. My son's girl, Sonic has not gone since we brought her and Shadow home Last Saturday. She is not acting lethargic by any means. Actually has been more active since I got their MVB's. She has eaten her crickets and salad and even some apples and banana today. Has had her bath and massage.. Will do it all again tomorrow. Plus I am going to pick up some Prune Baby food as well as some Applesauce and Mineral Oil and try some each day until she hopefully goes. Otherwise we are headed to the Vet....

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Julie77":675c4 said:
We are in the same boat. My son's girl, Sonic has not gone since we brought her and Shadow home Last Saturday. She is not acting lethargic by any means. Actually has been more active since I got their MVB's. She has eaten her crickets and salad and even some apples and banana today. Has had her bath and massage.. Will do it all again tomorrow. Plus I am going to pick up some Prune Baby food as well as some Applesauce and Mineral Oil and try some each day until she hopefully goes. Otherwise we are headed to the Vet....

Yea, he seems fine, but...I'm just so worried!

I read your thread today :wink:

msmaui

Juvie Member
I understand being worried. It seem like we all spend most of our time worrying about the little darlings. :roll:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Haleygirl does your mom have any mineral oil if so if you could mix a few drops in with some pumpkin or baby food this will help.
How much has he eaten sense the last time he pooped?

WAFisherman

Hatchling Member
Are you sure your temps are high enough (basking and abmient)?

My guy is on supers. I switched from silkies that were giving him nasty green runny poop. The supers firmed him right up. But I noticed I didn't give him greens for a few days and that he didn't poop in several days either. I did a warm bath and fed fresh greens. He did 4 good sized poops that night! I did notice that my temps had dropped a little that week as well as our weather around here has really gotten cold. So I fixed that, and now I think he's back to being more 'regular'...

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":d3b94 said:
Haleygirl does your mom have any mineral oil if so if you could mix a few drops in with some pumpkin or baby food this will help.
How much has he eaten sense the last time he pooped?
No we don't have any. :(
Zinger is acting ok still and is totally unphased. :|

WAFisherman":d3b94 said:
Are you sure your temps are high enough (basking and abmient)?

My guy is on supers. I switched from silkies that were giving him nasty green runny poop. The supers firmed him right up. But I noticed I didn't give him greens for a few days and that he didn't poop in several days either. I did a warm bath and fed fresh greens. He did 4 good sized poops that night! I did notice that my temps had dropped a little that week as well as our weather around here has really gotten cold. So I fixed that, and now I think he's back to being more 'regular'...

My temps are 80 on cool side, a little more than 105 on basking side.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
P.S. To cheer me up, I made this in photoshop just messing around:

DEVILLANG.jpg

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Guess what!!!????

The booger pooped!!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :roll:

The little butt waited till I got real worried!!! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom