Red in poop again?! Help needed!

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
I just gave my bearded dragon a bath and he pooped. The thing is in his poop there was some red in it again but it wasn’t really liquid like blood. There are images below of his poop and when I put him back in his enclosure. Lately, he has been resting under his hammock (on the cool side). Is this because of brumation? Also his poop there were some mucus stuff coating parts of it. I am really worried as on October the 21st he did a similar poop and when I posted it people said to cut back on his supplements so since then I have given him a break from them (except for a few days). So I don’t think it was because of his supplements. On the 2nd of November he done a poop in his bath that had purple in it. I also posted about this but didn’t get much help. After the purple poop when I put him in his enclosure he had some tremors which freaked me out. I just cleaned some of his decor by the way. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3713.jpeg
    IMG_3713.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3715.jpeg
    IMG_3715.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3712.jpeg
    IMG_3712.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3714.jpeg
    IMG_3714.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That isn't blood, thankfully. This type of orangish tinted urate is relatively common.
What type of supplementation are you giving? Which UVB lighting do you have for him?
We can review your tank setup, if needed.
If the urate was hard, you can give some extra oral fluids to help with hydration.

Tracie

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Hello,

That isn't blood, thankfully. This type of orangish tinted urate is relatively common.
What type of supplementation are you giving? Which UVB lighting do you have for him?
We can review your tank setup, if needed.
If the urate was hard, you can give some extra oral fluids to help with hydration.

Tracie
The supplements I use are Pisces calcium, Pisces superfood and bee pollen. I use EXO TERRA Reptile Uvb150 Desert Bulb for his UVB light. I have heard that coils are no good, but it is hard to find UVB lights. I did not feel it however I don't think it was hard. By the way, would my bearded dragon be going through brumation as it is spring? Thanks so much for the reply.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The supplements I use are Pisces calcium, Pisces superfood and bee pollen. I use EXO TERRA Reptile Uvb150 Desert Bulb for his UVB light. I have heard that coils are no good, but it is hard to find UVB lights. I did not feel it however I don't think it was hard. By the way, would my bearded dragon be going through brumation as it is spring? Thanks so much for the reply.
Please get a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 UVB bulb-- or a Arcadia 12% 24 watt -- the poop I am going to have AHBD help here but I am thinking the UVB has something to do w/ the issues your having
@AHBD

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Please get a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 UVB bulb-- or a Arcadia 12% 24 watt -- the poop I am going to have AHBD help here but I am thinking the UVB has something to do w/ the issues your having
@AHBD
The thing with those UVB lights is that they don't fit in the screw. Are there other UVB lights you would recommend that fit into this screw? Thanks for the advice

Attachments

• IMG_3717.jpeg
    IMG_3717.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 34

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The thing with those UVB lights is that they don't fit in the screw. Are there other UVB lights you would recommend that fit into this screw? Thanks for the advice
No coils ---- you want a long tube like one of these
24 watt w/ the 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood you need to change the bulb to this one 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb -
your dragon is basically getting NO UVB --- coils are a health hazard please get rid of it

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom