Tree branches as decor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
Mine live in outdoor pens most of the summer, dine on my lawn and free range insects and absorb the natural light the sun gives and somehow, they survive. I rarely give vitamins or supplements. I don't give distilled or bottled water. Washing of their food is rinsing it in my sink at very most. Those poor Australian animals just somehow have learned to adapt to our "harsh" American environment. :lol: :lol:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Well, I guess we have very different methods of keeping our little ones then. :) My beardie wouldn't last a minute in MN, with all the hawks, coyotes, foxes, mink, racoons, and the ocasional cougar we get here LOL. Dudley was already a spoiled indoor beardie for 2 yrs before I adopted him, so I don't think he would adapt too well! Sounds like yours have a very interesting little life though.

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
we also have hawks, coyotes, foxes, mink and racoons in PA. I highly doubt a cougar is going to seek out a bearded dragon.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I'd rather not risk it. My beardie is perfectly happy where he is and I won't be keeping him outdoors anytime soon, so I'm not sure why it matters...?

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Just as there are many ways to raise children, so too are there many ways to raise dragons. :D We seem to have survived growing up before all the safety regs our children live with. Which way is better? Both have merit. Pampered indoor beardie or tough self sufficent outdoor type, which is best? If both dragons are happy and healthy, BOTH! :mrgreen:
My dragons live a slightly unfettered life much like my kids. This time of year they dine on the clover and dandilions from my yard. Some times they choose for themselves in the yard, (under my watchful eye of course) :D I do worry about fireflies as they are fatal, but outherwise am pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Ramoth comes and goes from her viv as she pleases and occasionally spends a night out if I can't find her before bed. She usually shows for breakfast! :lol: My branches were baked because I didn't want any unauthrized bugs in the house. :lol:
I have friends whose beardies go to the vet regularly and drink bottled water. Their dandilions come from the store. :shock: They don't roam the house without close supervision AND the house has been beardie-proofed. They panic if their pet has meen missing for 5 min.

Who is the better beardie "Mom"? Both of us. all of our dragons are fat happy and healthy. :mrgreen: There is no need to argue, you are both right.
Hugs and bugs to all,
Sandy H :mrgreen:

izz

Juvie Member
My beardie loves the eucalyptus braches i put in his cage.He also love free range locust from the national park with a side of roaches :lol: .We find so many grasshoppers and locusts,but they are hard to catch.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Most of my logs won't fit in my oven or laundry tub, so I bleach them in my bath tub LOL. :mrgreen:

LOL @ branch BBQs! If you BBQ enough large sticks and rocks, your neighbors might give you funny looks. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom