Bricks

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bricks are safe, correct? I intend to buy some tomorrow at the Home Depot and I have a slate tile slab that can create a large basking spot area. I've been getting great answers from everyone.
He crawls around on the floor of his tank and starts climbing. I hope this will a good solution and will present an opportunity to improve his life.
The reason is because he is not getting enough of a basking surface with just cardboard and a towel that is easy for him to grip. I just think I could do better on his husbandry now that he's older.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes bricks are fine.

Just realize that bricks and slate tile have very different E-values, so if you are using an IR thermometer, it won't be accurate. Make sure you are using a digital with probe end thermometer to measure your basking surface with those items.

-Brandon

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I didn't know they had to different E-Values. Thank you.
I have two digital probe thermometers available to measure temps. I have an idea for the bricks and the slate tile. Four bricks on the bottom of the tank and the slate tile above the bricks. Creates a basking spot for both UVB and Heat, and bonus hide too. I have thought of adding an extra rock for him to sit up on under his UVB. It's a HO UVB so that's a good thing.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, I found the slate piece that I have in his tank to file his nails. I decided to see if it is warm and it reads 95 degrees.

He also did a massive poo in his bath, and ran around in a dog kennel, running around the floor, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom