This is really sad-dragon on CL in WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
thought i would give everyone an update on him. he is doing ok very hungry! hes eating well and drinking every time he is offered water only thing thats got me worried is he is full of the sand he was kept on. i havent been able to get him to use the bathroom he tried yesterday and what he could pass got stuck partway out and was as hard as a brick. i have been soaking him a few times a day 20+minutes each time i have also been feeding him squash baby food unsweetened applesauce and a small amount of mineral oil to try to get things moving. i know he ate some of that sand it was in the little bit he passed i think his problem is from that and he was so dehydrated. other then that he is doing well he is very active and loves to watch my pet fishs swim around as for his name i dont want to call him krabbs i was thinking of calling him scooter or speedy what do you think?

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No poop yet? Poor baby. Thats not good. Can you massage his tummy yet? He's gonna think he's a water dragon pretty soon. Did the reptaid help at all. try posting something in er, maybe one of the mods can help you. Has he pooped at all since you got him? Mine like to watch the fishes, too. Keeps cats amused also. Freddie watches tv with sophia, she just sits on the footstool and stares at it. She likes watching the kid play wii games, too. Hey call me tommarow, its the big day!!
PS He needs a nice name, something to help him get thru all this :)

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
freddiemom. only poo he did was that little bit that got stuck. i dont feel anything really in bis belly there may not have been much in his belly as i dont know how he was eating before he got here.i do plan on talking to my vet about him i really hope he goes poo tomorow!. he does like the reptaid and the other stuff i havent seen a change yet from it but its too early to really tell thanks very much for the stuff for him!. i bet you abd your daughter will hardly sleep waiting for your new dragon to arrive!i will call you tommorow and you should post some pics of the little guy when he arrives!.
and i just had a name pop into my head for this guy. he was sleeping on my lap hes all banged up looking with that lip and his missing hand and i noticed he has a few reddish scales in his markings here and there so what do you think of the name Rusty for him?

NuKe

Hatchling Member
what about trying some Acidophiliz+ or Soy yogurt? that did great conditioning my dragons after their panacur and they were having bathroom troubles :p.

NuKe

Hatchling Member
hmmm only other thing ive tried was Squash + Chicken baby food + some olive oil warmed up and then sat in a very warm bath for about 30 minutes. I found that if the bath was more on the warm side it helped them go more aswell. 100% prune baby food is supposed to help too but ive never actually tried that. This is such a common problem they need to make xlax for bearded dragons lol!

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
he is on Acidophiliz+ freddiemom gave us some for him. i also gave him prune baby food tonight hopefully that will get him going!i will let you know if it works

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
he went to the bathroom! its was very hard and dry and LOADED with sand! we also decided on the name rusty for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom