That Moment You're Terrified of Your Own Workstation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
So I just witnessed a HUGE outside cricket walk by my feet and under my file cabinet... you do not even know my terror right now...

I only hope it doesn't turn around...

:cry: :puke: :bleick:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Well... My mom left the tube the crickets climb up on the floor, and this HUGE cricket came out, so I climbed up my bed while screaming(at that time I had a loft bed) until she trapped it in a bag,

that and the time there was a worm in Fred's cricket bin. :shock:

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The more I think about what I saw, the more I think it was a beetle and not a cricket. EITHER WAY.

SO GROSS. If I wasn't on the phone when I saw it, I probably would've been like OH GAWD.

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
I'm glad I don't get squimish around insects. XD I just transfered Hermes into his new vivarium over the weekend and put some crickets (that he ignored) in there. Thought I grabbed all of them but as I was playing Borderlands 2, my cat started acting squirrely. Turns out one escaped and was crawling over my desk. Quickly caught that one and chucked it back in the cricket keeper.

I had one time where a bunch of superworms escaped out of their tub. There was a hole in the top that I didn't think they'd get out of and I ended up with about a dozen worms crawling in my office. That was more of a pain because I had no idea how many escaped so I had to comb the floor for them.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Worms don't bother me. I'll touch/grab/handle worms like there's no tomorrow. It's when things have 4+ legs and are SUPER UGLY that I get freaked out.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Spoony":rwklx4qv said:
Worms don't bother me. I'll touch/grab/handle worms like there's no tomorrow. It's when things have 4+ legs and are SUPER UGLY that I get freaked out.

Yeah me too. I hate crickets! I count the inches until Boba Fett is big enough for super's!!!!

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
I can handle Buddy's bugs with tweezers.. I'm not a fan of roaches though. But once I bought a tub of superworms and I always open it to look at them before buying. Once I got in the car and started driving home, about 10 minutes into it I felt something on my foot, which I was wearing flipflops... It was a worm! I freaked out! I flung it off and thought of scenarios of how it got there, how long it was there, was there more.... Ugh! I was paranoid for awhile after that.
It really didn't help that my boyfriend would feed her on my bed so I would find a cricket in my pillow.. :x I never had one on me and woke up to it but still makes me wonder how many bugs I have slept with before. Heebie jeebies!

-Now I count how many crickets I have or how many supers I let out and make sure they are all accounted for.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I definitely handle Zero's Dubias with tweezers. I feed him while sitting on my bed and having him (and the bugs) on the coffee table, but the first week with Dubias, I managed to sleep with one, subsequently killing it x.x

I about died when I saw that thing in my bed the next morning. :bleick:

kankri

I hate crickets. They stink and they jump around like mad, I probably have like 4-5 escaped crickets in my beardie closet right now. I've taken to ripping off their hind legs. Thankfully they're only temporary til I get more dubia in.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
The only thing that freaks me out are spiders. I can tolerate certain ones (i always have a bathroom spider), but i will run away screaming when a random one decides to come down from the ceiling right next to my face!

I've never had a problem with crickets. i grew up in the country and frequently had to catch them in my house (one can be so loud!), so when i had them for food i had no problem catching them with my bare hands. they just stink something awful! and are loud.

i have superworms that i have been breeding. they don't bother me, but i won't pick them up without tweezers b/c they can really grip you. i don't want to find out if they can bite through my skin since i see them tearing each other apart sometimes.

i am getting better with the roaches. i still won't pick them up without gloves or tweezers, but i am not as squirmish around them.

NikOverton

Hatchling Member
When I first got Perseus, I was afraid of touching the crickets, but with time I dont mind it at all anymore. I also vowed to myself I would never use dubia but Im now thinking more and more about using them. Worms don't bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom