Locks?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I need a padlock for Rocky! He is out of control.
He's back up to letting humself out of his enclosure. The problem is, it's about 23 inches off the ground, does he care? NO!
I am terrified that he is going to hurt himself.

Backstory: I am working and I know Rocky is in his enclosure. I hear the banging, scratching but he has to stay in there. He HATES his enclosure- the temps are correct, he's just spoiled. So like now, I sit in front of it and we converse. Well, when I leave, he decides to slide the door open. I can hear it moving but I am once again running a meeting but the next thing I know, I hear little feet. I didnt hear him jump but I am thinking HE HAS TO BE KIDDING ME.
I am freaking out because it's hardwood floors.
Rocky proceeds to the bathroom to poop (not cute anymore as I am pissed). I then get nervous about the stairs so I have to pretend I need a tissue. I get off the meeting and I can't find him. I have to resume but I checked downstairs, under the bed, nothing.
I resume wokrng but you know it's bothering me again so I need another tissue, they told me I must have allergies :)
I find Rocky hiding in the guestroom. I put him in the window so he wont jump out again and all is well.
I can't do this!! What about the days that I leave him?
I will put the ramp up today just in case he's bad and I will close the door - he'll be safe in the 1 room but it's NOT OKAY.
Rocky needs to stay in his enclosure and be a reptile and know that I am the boss.
He is listening to the birds right now which means in 3 minutes he will want me to open the blinds so he can observe nature.

Remember when I was crying about him brumating? Well, I have learned my lesson because Rocky is BAD!
He wont go to bed at bedtime, he wakes up at his old schedule despite me changing his light time an hour later.
He will eat greens to SHUT ME UP (aka negotiate) but seriously, he does whatever he wants.
I even took him outside and it's not enough. He's not even 2 years old.

So, is there a way that I can insert those locks for the sliding doors without causing damage?
Rocky will truly be stressed out but it's not detrimental to his health if it's based on being spoiled right? Rocky even black beards now until he gets what he wants (no puffing or hissing)- I am no longer scared. I simply look at him in disbelief.

By the way, it took me 15 minutes to cut his nails and you can't even tell. I cut the tips to the curve without hitting the nerve and I swear I can't tell the difference!

Attachments

• 20230413_055112.jpg
    20230413_055112.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Welcome to the terrible twos lol 😆. They can certainly be bull headed and opinionated.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
what about something like this?

for the nails, i always go over them a little with a nail file after i trim them just to smooth things out.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I've seen those in the reptile shops a lot. 👍 👍

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
what about something like this?

for the nails, i always go over them a little with a nail file after i trim them just to smooth things out.
THanks. I pictured those in my mind but now it's a reality. Thank you, I will order them NOW.
I tried filing the nails but I dont know if I was doing anything LOL. I was over it, Rocky kept giving me the side eye. I will try again today. I will let you know how things go (with both).

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
What's worse about all of this is everyone keeps asking why don't I keep him out of his enclosure. While I talk about window time, I make sure that I provide the best care that I know how regarding lights. I try to stay on top of his calcium, a balanced diet, etc (yet I type about him escaping right LOL). But it's funny how many times I find myself saying, "HE BELONGS IN HIS ENCLOSURE"- to non-reptilian owners.
Nighttime or window time outside of the enclosure are special times -
He's staring me down now while doing acrobats to get out....it's 6am. He swears he has morning worms with the chirping birds UGH. The sun isn't even out! he needs to control his nosiness!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I've had both lazy and active beardies. I'll take the active every time 😀. I like rambunctious beardies.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Rocky doesn't mind me touching him but he totally wish I would hurry up. I am the most annoying parent that all of you can pick up by my posts (not a secret LOL). When Rocky goes to sleep, that is HIS TIME. Unless I am waking him up to cuddle, I dare not bother him. I cant even have the tv on. Rocky kicks me out of my own room, it's totally ridiculous!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sounds to me like maybe it's HIS room after all🤪

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom