Sweaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
I want to take Miss Buddy out this winter, so she can see everything. I want to sew her a sweater. I have a lot of ideas, I was thinking that I could make them somewhat like tennis shoes laces. Any ideas?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jaycee....it's nice that you want Miss Buddy to go out on such adventures. :) One thing to keep in mind is that it would be somewhat dangerous to take a reptile out + about in the cold weather. A sweater can't keep her warm [ or any reptile ] because reptiles can't generate their own heat. A sweater/coat or blanket keeps a human or warm blooded animal warm because it keeps in our body heat and intensifies it. But cold blooded animals have no heat, so their body temp. would remain the same with a sweater on as without one. To travel anywhere in the winter [ should only be done for very important matters ] you would warm your car to room temp. [ about 75 or so is fine, no need to blast the heat ] so that you are comfy with a light shirt while driving. The beardie can be put in a sealed box for the ride and the temp. in the car will keep her comfy. If it's really cold out, just keep her home. You can also hold her next to your body under your coat....your body heat will warm her but then once in the car put her in the box or whatever you transport her in. Hand warmers can be used in the box but they can get very hot [ the Hot Hands brand ] and must be wrapped in newspaper to prevent burns.

But it's best to leave Miss Buddy home in the winter....she might even be brumating by then anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom