Superworm Beatle Gender???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Hello. I have taken up superworm breeding. I got my first 5 beetles. 3 are red and 2 are black. Is there a way to tell the gender? I'm guessing the reds are female and the blacks are male.
Thank you, Brandon.

ILoveLemmonade

Hatchling Member
Brandonforty2":4377k7p3 said:
Hello. I have taken up superworm breeding. I got my first 5 beetles. 3 are red and 2 are black. Is there a way to tell the gender? I'm guessing the reds are female and the blacks are male.
Thank you, Brandon.

I'm not sure if the color makes a difference, but I have heard that the difference is in the head. The males have bigger mandibles or something? Here is a video I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24WkBZUGGQ

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Color doesn't have anything to do with gender, eventually your red beetles will turn black too. Once they come out of their pupa, they are white. They slowly turn darker and darker, to a reddish brown, then finally black.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom