🐹🐰 Show off all of your pets 🐱🐶

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thank you . :) He isn't shy at all, they like to burrow and spend some time under the logs + rocks but Blaze pops out very often and will follow my movements because he wants food. He doesn't like being handled as much as my first pair [ 25 years ago I got an adult pair of unknown age that laid several clutches of the prettiest babies you could imagine ] but Blaze likes to slip through my hands as fast as lightning. Has never bit me, just tried for a finger once when he was thinking I had food. They eat any type of insect you can give them, plus cooked egg, salmon, fish, chicken, even the isopods in his tank, lol. I just love these though, easy to care for and easy to feed. Clean up crew in the tank take care of his poos that he leaves in the same corner all the time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Here's Blaze as a baby.
1698097826298.jpg

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Here's Blaze as a baby.
View attachment 84895
Wow, he's just a baby in this photo. I also like to remember the time when children were just little kids His surroundings look great and you probably spent a lot of time implementing his home. I can’t even imagine how long it took to study how to build a bioactive habitat, for me it always seemed like some kind of magic. Does it eat plants in its habitat?
I'm ashamed to say I don't know anything about skinks, do they eat vegetation?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've read different answers about them eating fruits + veg. but never saw him care much for it. They are mainly insectivores. I used plain topsoil with a small amount of sand , coco fiber about 4 inches deep and moss on top. I pour water directly over all of the moss and it keeps the substrate right how it should be, just by experimenting. It wasn't really hard. It can be fun setting up a naturalistic habitat.
Oh, ETA that there are MANY types of skinks and most are insectivores but some eat fruit + veg, small birds, snails, etc.
There is also type of skink called a gidgee skink that can allegedly live in colonies.

Last edited:

Yavie1978

Beardie name(s)
Yoshi and rescue bob
Yoshi and bleu the chiweenie.. we just rescued Bob too no pic available

Attachments

• received_390922936580918.jpeg
    received_390922936580918.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230804_194552.jpg
    20230804_194552.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 39

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom