Server Full??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Goonie":f5fd6 said:
vickson420":f5fd6 said:
What are you saying Gina? Are you hinting that we're a little pic happy and possible slightly obsessed? :wink:
Oh goodness no! I would never admit to that! NEVER! :mrgreen:
Well good because I KNOW I am not obsessed no really I am not I swear!
diamc":f5fd6 said:
Well, at least we're all in the same boat. :lol:
Wouldnt have it any other way :mrgreen:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, there isn't ANY other way, is there? Gotta share our babies. :p

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
No! You can't do this to me now! :cry:

Now come on girls don't tell me that it's because we are posting to many pic's. :?:
I just got a new camera an am putting together pic's of my whole bunch to post. (All 9 and maybe the cat)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
It's doing it again! :banghead: :banghead:
The reason I haven't posted much in the past few days is that nearly everytime I try to post a
reply when I click Preview or Submit it takes me to that :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
page that I don't like to see. :angry5:

Sorry search is unavailable bla...bla....bla...try again later.

Anyone else experiencing this problem again?
Or is it just me?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I had the same problem several times last night and everything loaded very slow. I only just came on now so not sure if it's better or not, will let you know.

Ok, I'm having a problem tonight too. I just sent Alex an email informing him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It was very frustrating last night. I was trying to help 2 very sick beardies and the OP's weren't able to respond to my questions. Tonight the speed of the pages loading is a little better, but still slower than it should be. So Vicky, you're not alone. :roll:

I heard back from Alex, he was doing some things last night that caused load issues last night and earlier today/tonight. It should be running much better now.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
It's doing it again! ARG!!! :banghead: :cry: :banghead:
I hate when I write long post just for them to get lost.
Okay so I've learned something type up long post in Microsoft Word first so if you loose it Barbara...you won't have to type it again or get ticked off and not type it again. As that only hurts the people that might be able to use your advice.

Thanks for letting me have this talk with myself. :lol:

Signed: Highly Frustrated! :lol:
Figures this is a short post an it worked! :roll:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I know it's a late reply on this thread, but I thought I'd mention... that night I was trying to clear out some old data from the server. Apparently the process of deleting data from the database was causing it so severely slow down. I stopped when I realized the effect it was having on the site. I'll have to finish cleaning out the data another time. It gets very painful to delete data from a database table that has over a million rows in it (the advertisement tracking stuff).

-Alex

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I feel for you Alex. :wink:
I'm sure you have lot's to do to keep such a busy site up and running.

Thanks for all your troubles we appeciate all you do so we have a place to go/be. :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Are we due for another overnight server cleanout? Maybe that's what we need so you won't keep getting messages about not being able to post or everything running so slow.

I'll give up a night of no BD.org if the end result will be a much smoother running site.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
No. The cleaning out of this data doesn't help performance all that much. It just hurts it when I actually am performing the clean-up. :) The clean-up itself is a heavy hit on the server. But once done, things return to normal.

The only way I can see to significantly impact performance by removing data would be to remove years of posts, which I don't want to do unless we absolutely get to a point that we just have too much. THen I could make an "archive" forum or something like that. But I think we've got plenty of time before that will be needed (a good year or two, I'd say).

If I do any of the more regular cleanup again, I'll put up the "Site down for maintenance" page like it automatically does during backups (which run around 2 or 3am PDT). This will both avoid concern that it's an unknown issue, but also speed up the actual process of cleanup.

-Alex

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Hi Beardie
This is the only way I seem to be able to reach people right now. Is by way of going to there last post.
I have only used 1% of my PM and so I have all kinds of room
left. But everything is staying in my outbox. I am selling in the forsale forum and People are PM ing me and I can't PM them back.
So I am having to send the e-mails back to them like this. I don't want to break policy. So I need your help. Please let me know
so I can be a bit more discreet.
Thanks
Josie

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
PM's remain in the "Outbox" until the recipient views the message. It has been "delivered", but just indicates they haven't read it yet. Once they read it, it is moved to the "sent" folder. In a way, it gives you a confirmation that they've "opened" the PM.

You can always email them, if that works for you too, and their email address is available to you.

-Alex

singtoyou":6a05c said:
Hi Beardie
This is the only way I seem to be able to reach people right now. Is by way of going to there last post.
I have only used 1% of my PM and so I have all kinds of room
left. But everything is staying in my outbox. I am selling in the forsale forum and People are PM ing me and I can't PM them back.
So I am having to send the e-mails back to them like this. I don't want to break policy. So I need your help. Please let me know
so I can be a bit more discreet.
Thanks
Josie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom