R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Gina. She did have lots of yummies, 2 horns and 8 supers. Boy, she can eat.

Thanks Auntie Shell, Gem and Diesel. :wink:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Diane! So you are off this week, huh? Are you doing anything special while you are off?
Sorry I missed Misty's b'day yesterday. I've been a little preoccupied as of late. Last week my niece had a baby, who is still in the hospital due to a few health issues and my son had surgery. I figured I should pop in though and wish a few of Barb's babies happy birthday.

HBFairyPinkGlitter.gif

P.S. glad to hear Giz is doing a little better. :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Happy Belated Birthday, Misty!!!
I cant believe I'm late - I knew it was coming up!!!

Diane, I have just been catching up with this thread....
Glad to see that Giz is doing a little better! I will be praying that he continues to do well!

I was very sorry to hear the news of Sabrina passing away but so glad to see that she was wearing her happy colours when you laid her to rest. I just wanted to send my condolences and hugs and prayers for you and your family. The memorial you wrote for her was just beautiful.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Dawn, sounds like you have had a lot going on. Hope your niece's baby is doing better and will be home very soon. Also hope that your son's surgery wasn't anything serious and he is now recovering well. Thanks for the birthday wishes for Misty.

Thanks Christine, you have had a lot going on too, don't worry about it, just help Kazi get better.

Thanks also about what you said about Sabrina. Yes, the memory of those happy colors before we laid her to rest really did make us feel better. The memorial was hard to put together but I view it often and it's great to see her so happy and healthy looking. She will remain in our hearts forever.

Giz has his good days and bad days. No signs of the URI any longer. He is eating a few feeders daily. He doesn't walk around much though and is still very tired. He is really showing his age and sometimes when I look at him, I swear he had a stroke which is possible I suppose. :( I'm watching him very closely and trying to figure out where to go from here. :?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Its tough, isnt it, just wanting to make them feel better and not knowing what to do. I have to constantly remind myself that beardies dont heal as quickly as other animals - i half expect Kazi to make an overnight recovery! He is much the same as Gizmo - very tired and not moving around much - I just wish we knew exactly what was going on with him and were able to make him better. I ordered brewers yeast for him today - I remembered you had recommended it to me last time Kazi was sick and I ordered it but it never actually got to me :( but hopefully this time it gets here.

How old is Gizmo now? At least the URI symptoms have cleared up and he is eating a little - that has to be a good sign!

Hugs and prayers for you and Gizmo!

T

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Christine. Yes, the "not knowing" really drives us crazy. Hope the Brewer's yeast really helps Kazi out. I got such a big container that it's gonna last forever.

Gizmo didn't have a good day at all yesterday. He wouldn't eat a thing, didn't walk around at all, just slept almost all day. Today though, I'm happy to report that he ate 4 small to medium dubias, has walked around and is quite active as well as very alert. I took him out on the porch in the sun for a few minutes and he enjoyed looking around. Paul went to stroke his beard but his shoulder made a shadow over him and boy, did he react. He puffed his beard as full as it would go and opened his mouth, also got a jet black beard down past his chest. I hadn't seen that reaction in a long time so I guess he's feeling better. :p

MissT

BD.org Addict
That is brilliant news Diane! I'm so glad to hear about what a good day Gizmo had- it's great when they show us what wonderful, strong little boys they are! The rest yesterdy must have done him some good! I hope he continues to improve daily!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Christine. I hope Kazi continues to improve daily too. Isn't it amazing when they aren't doing well, how much it affects our total mood?

MissT

BD.org Addict
diamc":26m0spj1 said:
Thanks Christine. I hope Kazi continues to improve daily too. Isn't it amazing when they aren't doing well, how much it affects our total mood?

Thank you Diane!
It is amazing - my moods have been so up and down this week along with Kazi - I can barely concentrate on anything else really and anyone I speak to has to hear all about what has been going on with him! Hopefully we are on the up now though and our moods will continue to be good!! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Believe me, I can certainly relate totally. When Sabrina had gone downhill, every waking moment was spent thinking and worrying about her. Then I felt relief when I knew she was at peace. Then Gizmo got so sick and the worrying started in all over again. I know I get obsessed with them but I can't help myself. They are just like little babies but they can't even cry when they're uncomfortable. So, when they are doing well, it's a big load off of us for sure. Hopefully both of our "little men" will continue to improve daily, it has gone on way too long for both of them.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I think we are all obsessed here! If we werent, we would have a hard time fitting in! I have been sleeping on the sofa for the past week (except for 1 night) - I have to be in the same room as Kazi so that, if I feel the need, I can get up and have a little peek in at him and just make sure he is OK. Im gradually getting a little better - I figured out a way to position his blankie so that I can look in on him without having to disturb him at all!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I think we are all obsessed here!
Yes, I guess we are. That's good that you figured out a way to peek in on him without disturbing him, good thinking. :p

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Diane,
Glad to hear Giz had a better day today. Lonzo has been sleeping alot, too. He's still eating worms, babyfood squash & sometimes greens. I'm giving him liquid calcium daily. Today I made him stay under his power sun until I went for an appt, so he got lots of light & there was some sun, so he got some sun, too. I worry about him, yet he's not sick, just slowing down. I had to explain to Didi that he has to share the living room. He doesn't like it, sports a black beard when he gets up if I don't let him out. Until I get another power sun, probably tomorrow, then he can be out more often. He's still not eating & he's losing weight, yet he's very fiesty. I'm still giving him CC almost daily & he just gobbles it up, same with babyfood squash but still won't eat any protein & we can't seem to get Carnivore Care in Canada anymore. It seems the border is having issues with the higher protein content. Why? Don't know. Very annoying as they get much better with CArnivore care than critical care.
Good luck with Giz, hopefully every day he'll get a bit stronger.
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Christina, I have to say that Gizmo gave me the BEST birthday gift ever! Today he was the best that I've seen him for a very looooong time. I adjusted temps again and was able to get his UVB in his tank a little more directly and I guess both those things made a difference. He was wide-eyed all day, I couldn't believe it! He ate 2 medium dubias, 1 super and 2 medium horns. After we came back from going out to eat for my birthday, he was still wide awake and standing on his basking platform, what a great sight to see! I took him out and a few minutes later, he did his snuggle lick to let me know it was time for him to lay on his heated cornbag on his blanket and pillow. I had held off posting anything about him because I didn't want to jinx anything as he was still having good days and bad days but even his good days weren't as good as I saw today.

Misty is doing well, she cut herself back on her feeders a little which is fine with me as she got quite chunky again. She is also passing just urates once in a while so I'm still watching for the 4th clutch.

Judas is Judas, still going strong. He had to go on Panacur for pinworms, had 2 doses and that has helped with his horribly smelly poop. :puke: Nothing seems to get him down though, he is a real toughie. :p

I promise to get some pictures up very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom