R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We've been lucky with out winter this year, it's just very cold for up here. Right now it's about 28f, which for us is FREEZING weather. Parka & boots for me for this time. And I'm sure hoping spring gets here soon. I guess the cold weather affects our gang, they're all still asleep, not sure if anyone will wake up, we'll see.

Isn't it great that Misty is feeling ok after laying her eggs? Every female is so different in their behaviour before laying. The little poop/urate thing does go on for a couple of weeks before she lays and those little "presents" could be anywhere. I've found some weeks later tucked away behind the couch or chairs in the living room, in our bedroom if we make up a run-aroound spot. Guess it's all part of it. We'll have to see if Misty decides to take this up on a monthly basis. I hope not, Diane, that it's just a one-time thing.

Can't belive that Sweetie has been laying eggs now for 3 years. Feel like longer. She'll be 4 yrs old on April 1 & Lonzo will be 8. Boy time sure flies when you're having fun with dragons!

Hugs
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well, I think Misty is getting ready to lay more eggs soon. She isn't eating any feeders, only some greens, she's running around & glass dancing again like crazy. She's still pooping normally though rather than the very small daily ones so I would say it will be about 2 wks before she lays another infertile batch. :roll: I've been getting a little CC into her when she'll take it. Today I mixed it in a combo of plum/apple/banana baby food with some chicken mixed in. Sounds like a yucky combination but she liked it so that's what counts. :lol: She's up to 551 grams now, she was 541 grams two days after she laid her eggs.

Finally uploaded some pictures of the whole clan. :D

Misty
These were taken before she laid the eggs. You can see quite a gleam in her eyes as well as looking full of piss'n vinegar.
IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

Here's the position I found her in after laying the 1st two eggs.
IMG_2466.jpg

Here's 5 of the 10 eggs.
IMG_2467.jpg

This was the day after she laid, she looks tired.
IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

Judas
Hard to believe that he's almost 8 1/2 yrs old by looking at him. :D
IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

Sunning himself on the window bed.
IMG_2453.jpg

Precious Sabrina She still has quite the sparkle in her eyes. :p
IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

Sleepy Gizmo He's eating a few feeders most days and just starting to eat his greens again.
IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

That's it for now.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's it for now?! Sheesh, you totally made the rest of us look bad :wink:

Everyone looks great!
I still can't believe Misty is old enough to be laying eggs. Seemed like it was just yesterday that she joined your family, as an itty bitty baby.
And what do you mean she had the looks of piss'n vinegar?? She couldn't have looked any sweeter.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well Gina, I figured since I hadn't posted pics in a while, I better make it worthwhile. :wink: I know, it's hard to believe that Misty is almost 20 mo old already, that time sure went fast! She is now running around for her 2nd time today and still won't even eat ONE feeder!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I'm wondering if Lilly has eggs and needs calcium. She has so much trouble with the powdered stuff, I'm tempted to just do some liquid calcium, but I don't know. So confusing :dontknow:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
What symptoms is she showing Sara that makes you think she might have eggs? Did the powdered calcium make her urates too hard? I actually prefer the liquid because it is easier for them to absorb.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
She is just INSANE. Climbing all over her tank, glass dancing, trying to climb our walls. She only rarely holds still until she falls asleep. I was going to just use liquid calcium regularly but someone said it would be too hard on her kidneys.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
That behavior sure does sound like it. How long has she been acting that way? Is she eating feeders now?

I actually prefer the liquid calcium and I know that Tracie recommends it. You'd only be using it 2 to 3 times a wk and if you noticed a change in the urate consistency, you could always cut it back but it's up to you which you prefer.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
I love all the pictures! :blob5:

Misty sure does have a gleam in her eye b4 laying the eggs :D and then looks so tired in the "after" pics.
I hope she doesn't lay any more eggs but it sounds like she's going to.
Giz and Judas are so handsome :mrgreen: My fav pic is the last one of Giz,what a GREAT closeup! :D
Sabrina looks like such a princess :love5:
Thanks for posting all the pics Diane! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Michele. :wink: You ought to see the gleam in her eyes this morning, holy cow! She's running around like a maniac beardie.
Boy, IF I had the time, money & space, I'd love to breed Judas & Misty, the personalities of those babies would be awesome.
That hammock is Giz's favorite place to take his daily nap. I think he was comatose when I took that picture. :lol
Sabrina is our princess and the most affectionate of all of them. :D

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Diane, Love the pics! It does sound like Misty may be getting ready to lay again, I know that Belle is...Who knows, maybe some day you will mysteriously find time, space and money!!! :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear that Misty might be carrying again. I think Sweetie is, too, but she's not following her usual 21 days. It's been over a month this time and she's not even ready. But I am getting some fat on her with Carnivore Care, salad, "white" worms-can you see how spoiled she is. She'll wait until one of our supers sheds. Then she'll eat the white worms and not eat the rest :mrgreen: Rubio's leg is looking better, he's on the box the big black airplane is on.

I thought all the pics were great. Sweetie liked the pics, too. She thinks Judas is cute and so is Gizmo. That last pic is priceless, you got him sound asleep :mrgreen: Sabrina looks wonderful as usual. Is she using her legs more? Getting around on her own now? Sweetie said hi, glad Sabrina is feeling better. Misty looks great for laying eggs. They're big for infertile, too. Sweetie's eggs are smaller but she lays more. And alot of them are smushed together when I take them out of the lay box. Good luck Misty, is she going to lay them like last time. Or do you think she wants a laybox?

Thanks again for sharing, your babies are all in such great health, especially Misty. She's such a pretty dragon, her colours are great. Sabrina is like our Sweetie, if they're happy they pull out all their yellow colouring. And it's such a pretty yellow, around their eyes, too. Sweetie will be 5 in April & Lonzo will be 8. The time has sure flown! I just can't wait to have spring here!
Hugs
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom