Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz_153

I just got my new baby sandfire beardie "Chase" today, i put it in its tank and it's dance on the wall of the viv, it's normal right? (i'm new to this, i'm just a concerned parent, so don't think i'm lame, lol)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Not at all lame :D Yes glass dancing can be ver normal.You should double check her temps,lighting ,etc just to be sure.Have you reviewed any of the caresheets yet?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
No not at all.Thats the minimum required size for an adult but if for the time being you see your beardie has issues with the size then you could partition it but most do fine as is.What type of uvb are you using?What are your temps?How/where are you measuring them?What type of substrate are you using?How long have you had him?

Blitz_153

Original Poster
Well "Chase" is on ceramic tiles, 40G viv (36x18x16), night light I believe is 60watts, and day light MVB 100watts, he/she is about a month old I would say(maybe bcuz he is small, I'll measure him tommorow, he's prob 3 inches I guess) I just moved my viv into my room where it's warmer, before it was by the window where cold air kept coming in thru the cracks, I knew it would be bad.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok thats a great start.Do you have a digital probe thermometer to measure temps accurately? If the temps are off this could cause glass dancing and the stick ons/dials dont work well at all.Also how far away is he from the MVB? Last thing is you said you have a night light? The red/blue night bulbs are not recommended it can disrupt the sleep paterns.If your temps at night dont go below 65F then you dont need a heat source at night if they do its best to use a ceramic heat emitter that doesnt emit light.

Blitz_153

Original Poster
Hey, well for right now he has a red buld but tommorow I will go and change it, is a purple good or should I just stick with the emitter? The cool side where the night light is at is at 80f and it has the stick-ons, the side wit the basking site has a digital one and it's at 76f, is that ok?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Blitz_153":41c19 said:
Hey, well for right now he has a red buld but tommorow I will go and change it, is a purple good or should I just stick with the emitter? The cool side where the night light is at is at 80f and it has the stick-ons, the side wit the basking site has a digital one and it's at 76f, is that ok?
Ok no bulb of any kind at night if you really need the heat at night go with the CE.Those temps are air temps?They seem ver low on the basking side but as I said you need a digital with a probe.If thats what you have then place the probe directly on the basking spot surface.The SURFACE(daytime) temp you want is 95f-110f but no higher.The cool end air temp should be 75-80.Were those night temps you were giving?If yes then they are fine for night although as I said it can go down to 65F with no problems at all.They actually do need a cooling off period(unless they are ill then I wouldnt let it go under 70).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom