Power outage - new baby beardie šŸ˜“

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Definitely, switch right away.

So I should go with the ReptiSun T5? I think that size comes with the 5 UVB. That one is 14ā€ long including the hood.
My Arcadia has a 10 UVB bulb and is 22ā€ long. Either would need to sit on top of the mesh.
I donā€™t have either here. The Arcadia is at school and the other I would need to order. I could pick up the car be at school on Wednesday.
He ate 3 medium sized Dubia Roaches this morning, and his basking spot is perfect. He spent some time basking before I fed him.
Really hoping he poops today! Heā€™s looking full.

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Yes have it unobstructed take your screen off and have the distance 13 inches directly above him - if he has to sit on the floor under it that is ok and if you need to place it width wise across the tank that is fine too -- just so he can get directly under it
I donā€™t dare to take the screen off, he could escape very easily.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I donā€™t dare to take the screen off, he could escape very easily.
Take the screen pull it back to where the UVB is sitting width wise if it fits width wise put the basking bulb on the screen and butt it up to the 14" hood on one end posting a pic of my 20 gallon tank -- use the 5.0 bulb that bulb is not strong enough to go thru screen it MUST be unobstructed and distance should be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- there was no screen on my 20 gallon tank and the heat lamp was clamped on the end the UVB was a 24" w/ the 10.0 bulb --

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_084445.jpg
    IMG_20190914_084445.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 30

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just set it on the mesh for now, or you can attach it underneath with fishing line or picture hanging wire.

He should be pooing very soon, just when you least expect it ! Give him a shallow warmer than usual [ but not hot ] 5 minute soak. Can you post a new pic of him BTW ?

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Just set it on the mesh for now, or you can attach it underneath with fishing line or picture hanging wire.

He should be pooing very soon, just when you least expect it ! Give him a shallow warmer than usual [ but not hot ] 5 minute soak. Can you post a new pic of him BTW ?
Bowser pooped! Lots of urate, but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s because itā€™s been since Wednesday?
I almost took a pic of him this morning because his little belly looked so full, but I got distracted and forgot. My SO is napping at the moment so Iā€™ll get a pic of Bowser a little later when I feed him again.
Basking spot temp is perfect, 108.

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 29

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear ! I figured it would be soon and that it would be somewhat dry + hard. Keep offering hydration by dripping it on his snout slowly or if he drinks from a bowl. You can put him near a shallow bowl or a plastic lid of some type and set him near it while you drip water in it. You can give him greens that are misted down too.

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Good to hear ! I figured it would be soon and that it would be somewhat dry + hard. Keep offering hydration by dripping it on his snout slowly or if he drinks from a bowl. You can put him near a shallow bowl or a plastic lid of some type and set him near it while you drip water in it. You can give him greens that are misted down too.
I was dipping his greens in water and feeding him by hand this morning. Iā€™ll do that some more later too. I also put a little water in the Dubia roach bowl too. He usually eats them right up. How many medium Dubia roaches can he have in a day?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good on the greens dipping ! As for the dubias, medium is a relative term , can you post pics of one next to Bowser ? Or next to a dime ? Until he's pooping regularly you need to be just a little more cautious with the size.

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Good on the greens dipping ! As for the dubias, medium is a relative term , can you post pics of one next to Bowser ? Or next to a dime ? Until he's pooping regularly you need to be just a little more cautious with the size.
Okay, he had three about this size this morning. Depending whoā€™s at the pet store, I can get them to pick me out the smallest of the mediums.
Also, this is Bowser Friday morning. Iā€™ll try to get a good pic of him later too.

Attachments

• IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5250.jpeg
    IMG_5250.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 26

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are at the top size of what Bowser should have being in his circumstances [ his size, temps. just still being adjusted, low uvb ] Temperature + uvb are both super important for function of their body and you just want to be careful that he doesn't become impacted.

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Those are at the top size of what Bowser should have being in his circumstances [ his size, temps. just still being adjusted, low uvb ] Temperature + uvb are both super important for function of their body and you just want to be careful that he doesn't become impacted.
Should I stick with the crickets for now then?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Whatever is the size of the smallest dubia in the bunch is O.K but be careful with the larger. If the crickets are slightly smaller than the dubias they might be a better choice for now. It's good that he's eating veggies as well to fill out his meals.

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Hereā€™s a pic I just took of my little chunky guy:
Just fed him 5 small crickets, and some more veggies.

Attachments

• IMG_5262.jpeg
    IMG_5262.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 30

ArtClassBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
He looks good ! So the crickets were dusted with calcium powder with D3 ? What kind of veggies did he have ?
I didnā€™t dust his insects today. I did yesterday and the day before. I do have the calcium powder with D3. I thought I only needed to dust them 4-5 times a week. This is another one of those things where I look it up online and Iā€™m left deciphering what I should do. There is conflicting I for out there.
Do I need to dust all the crickets I give him in a day or just the crickets in one feeding? šŸ˜…

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. šŸ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. šŸ˜“
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom