What's wrong with her tale???

Beardie name(s)
Delilah
So I just noticed today when I got Delilah out of her enclosure that her tale is darker than the reast of her. Now she did just shed and is still a little around her head... I'm a first time beardie owner and don't know what's wrong if it's normal sone advice please

Attachments

• 20240421_205626.jpg
    20240421_205626.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240421_205611.jpg
    20240421_205611.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240421_205557.jpg
    20240421_205557.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240421_205116.jpg
    20240421_205116.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 30

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I just noticed today when I got Delilah out of her enclosure that her tale is darker than the reast of her. Now she did just shed and is still a little around her head... I'm a first time beardie owner and don't know what's wrong if it's normal sone advice please
Let's have ahbd take a look
@AHBD

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Okay thank you so much... Since I've never had a bearded dragon before I have like a million new questions or concerns everyday .. just wanna do right by her

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's O.K, ask as many Q's as you want. It can sometimes be a little worrisome because their appearance and behavior can change pretty fast. No problem with Q's here, someone is usually ready to answer here at some point during the day. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely ask as many questions as you would like! We have a great group of members here who
are always so willing to help out.
Her tail tip is probably going to shed, it looks darker than normal which happens pre-shed. She is
a little cutie pie.

Tracie

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Yea she shed alot while I was at work today I gotta get in there and clean. Up her enclosure... What can I do to help her out she looks dry... And I feel bad because I can't just put the crickets in there before I leave for work so I put dubia s in her food bowl but idk if she's eating them or if they're getting out... She ain't gonna when I got home though and found out she loves yellow squash

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know it might look uncomfortable but's O.K if they look dry, they are from an arid environment. You can spritz her lightly in the enclosure but do that earlier in the day, never late in the day so she would have time to dry off completely as well as her tank + decor.
Can you post a pic of the tank, including the position of the lights ? I read in your bio that you have a 75 watt bulb as the uvb but that would be a basking bulb. So let's just be sure the lighting is O.K, that's one of the most important pieces of equipment.

Last edited:

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
I got 75 watt basking and pro t5 24watt uvb funny you ask about that I just came back in my room and she was hanging upside down on the screen freaked me out idk how she even got up there

Attachments

• 20240422_201949.jpg
    20240422_201949.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 25

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that's good , I didn't see it listed in your bio. That's a great looking set up, beautiful + functional wood decor. It gives Delilah a large area to choose from to bask. And being like a little monkey she can jump up to her screen. 🐒
When she gets near adult size you'll probably need a larger enclosure.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom