Princess Phoebe (Wee Be-be) -good news 11/30/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Beardednoob":22hr9vc2 said:
Ohh yeah, I did, didn't I. And I still say she is a big girl lol.
But, precious too. :wink:

But, she lost over 20grams since her last photoshoot and you didnt notice????? hehe!

spurlee01":22hr9vc2 said:
Awww such a cutie!
I wish she was properly awake and not just doing her utmost to keep her eyes open - she looks half asleep in all of the photos lol! I think thats what makes her look so adorable!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you Haley :D

I should have posted her latest news... her blood tests revealed that she may be getting ready to lay eggs :shock: And there was me thinking she was one of those mythical beardies who don't lay eggs! LOL!

Unfortunately they also revealed that she may have gout :( I will be discussing it in more detail with the vet tomoro and starting her on some natural remedies in the mean time.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks guys! That is her in 'come on in, Huff, I'm waiting for you' mode LOL! Shes such a little... hmmm.... I cant think of an appropriate PG-13 word right now LOL!

Anyway, my poor Phoebe is not very well at all... Tomoro a rather 'fun' and interesting treatment regime will begin :? Poor Phoebe!

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
So you spoke with the vet about the protein conundrum? I am rather interested in what they told you to do.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Pixall":1ex1e918 said:
So you spoke with the vet about the protein conundrum? I am rather interested in what they told you to do.
Its a uric acid conundrum LOL! Yep, and I convinced him to get me the meds she needs... he is not used to slaves who actually want to treat their animals rather than 'see how things go'...

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
MissT":anv180r6 said:
Pixall":anv180r6 said:
Its a uric acid conundrum LOL! Yep, and I convinced him to get me the meds she needs... he is not used to slaves who actually want to treat their animals rather than 'see how things go'...

LOL, Yeah, my vet did the same every time I brought my little parakeet in(RIP, Broke her neck while I was at school one day a few years back, why my birds are confined to their cages when I am not home, now. Lesson learned.). Your parakeet has a RI. You can give her Baytril or... And then there was the time he had her on tube feeding for a week! He thought I was nuts, forking over hundreds of dollars for a 10$ 'throw away pet'. People make me sick. The value of a life is not how much you pay for it.

Well, I meant the fact that with gout you are supposed to limit protein, but with the eggs, increase it. Glad you have the meds for her, and sorry for my prattling on. :oops:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
LOL! Oh dear, with all the madness, I forgot about the protein conundrum... I guess im still at square one with that one!! ARGH!!!
The vet wants her on critical care too - she just isnt eating enough and she definitely isnt ready to lay yet!! So she will have 5 syringes of 'stuff' tomorrow :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom