Princess Phoebe (Wee Be-be) -good news 11/30/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She loves all things that come out of a syringe but usually syringes mean she is getting water or cherry flavoured calcium or acidophiliz which are all yummy! hopefully, I can flavour everything so that she still likes all things syringe related LOL!

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
MissT":vjgqnkaw said:
She loves all things that come out of a syringe but usually syringes mean she is getting water or cherry flavoured calcium or acidophiliz which are all yummy! hopefully, I can flavour everything so that she still likes all things syringe related LOL!

That saved my butt countless times with my tiel, Alex. I sporadically give him treats(usually smooshed sweet potatoes) from a syringe so he always associates it with yumminess. That way when meds do need to be given, he is happy and excited. :) Maybe give her something yummy immediately after the meds?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I did that with Kazi when he had all the meds- I lined them up according to his reaction to them- the med with the worst reaction from him was given first daily and the one he liked most, he got last, followed by some CC or liquid calcium.

Phoebe is not exactly easy to 'force feed' but her love of syringes should make the whole process a lot easier!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Christina, it seems like your beardies like to keep you treating them and taking them to vets. First all beardies were fine except Kazi, not it Phoebe. Huff is o.k. now isn't he? I hope all this 'treat the beardies' stuff for you will quit for you now.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I forgot to update this :?
beardie parents":31tndvot said:
Christina, it seems like your beardies like to keep you treating them and taking them to vets. First all beardies were fine except Kazi, not it Phoebe. Huff is o.k. now isn't he? I hope all this 'treat the beardies' stuff for you will quit for you now.
Huff is dehydrated... im not sure how as he gets lots of bath and usually takes water orally too. Now, it will be daily baths and extra oral hydration. His calcium levels are a little crazy but I guess that is to be expected a little. I think I may start giving him calcium 4 days per week to see if that helps.

Phoebe started her allopurinol yesterday - I only gave her half the dose though - I kind of freaked out and wanted Tracie to double check it first. Anyway, the half dose she took willingly - I just dripped it and she lapped it up :D She will start it properly today and she starts the sulphamethoxine today too - I dont expect that to go so well. She isnt too happy this morning - she definitely doesnt like mornings!

Im worried about her - the blood report suggested renal problems and the possibility of liver disease. She needs lots of prayers - I dont think I could handle losing her right now, so soon after Kazi. :cry:

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
MissT":buhd2uqk said:
Im worried about her - the blood report suggested renal problems and the possibility of liver disease. She needs lots of prayers - I dont think I could handle losing her right now, so soon after Kazi. :cry:

Oh sweetheart. If you were here I would give you *THE* biggest hug. As is, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

/virtual hugs. I hope she is feeling better soon!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thankyou!

Im freaking out about the sulpha drug.... its bad for the kidneys and her kidneys are already having issues :( Such a horrible 'do I or don't I' situation...

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
It's totally ok if you are freaking out, totally understandable. I know when people are taking sulfa drugs, they need to take a lot of extra liquid to keep the kidneys flushed out. Will Phoebe let you give her just plain old water? Have you PMed Tracie? My goodness, this is just so upsetting! It's unbelievable you are going through all this anxiety again. Without a doubt you and Phoebe have our prayers and lots of hugs.

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I have been in close contact with Tracie (again-we pm'd a lot while Kazi was ill). I know she doesn't like the idea of using it unless absolutely necessary. I guess it's only short term. I might wait until tomoro- just to give Phoebe an extra day to get well hydrated and get the allopurinol in her system.
She is great with taking water- I give her 6 mls daily plus whatever she drinks in the bath. I may try to increase this to about 10mls though on top of what she takes herself.

She had her allopurinol- the whole 1ml without me having to attempt to force the syringe at all! She isn't impressed now though!!! Il give her some critical care later too- she ate some of the squash from her salad today which is an improvement on how she has been the past week!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I steam cleaned Phoebe's viv today and replaced most of her substrate with paper towels... she isnt too impressed. Im not sure if its the paper towel of the fact that the paper towels are 'cars' themed... perhaps she is not a 'Cars' fan.

Anyway, I think she may have spotted Thor's pic yesterday... this is her take on it...
DSCF0738.jpg

EDIT - I forgot to add, she had some Critical care today - I fed her it from a teaspoon so im not quite sure how much - probably about 4-5mls of a 1:5 mix. I think thats pretty good going!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Haha Christina!

Curiously, why does she have her mouth open in all the pictures?

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
That is her smiling for the camera, Brandon!! :lol:

No, really, she has a slight overbite (we suspect it was caused by her laying fertile eggs when she was far too young) - almost like the beginnings of MBD that thankfully never got the opportunity to progress. So, she spends quite a lot of time with her lips slightly parted when she is relaxed!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh Ok,

I was wondering if it was from MBD but didn't know.

I like it I wish Naughtica would smile! She always seems so serious and sophisticated in front of the camera, she needs to lighten up! :mrgreen:
And kiki acts like she is frozen with fear when the camera gets near her. She doesn't move but you can see it in her eyes she is scared for her life hahah

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
LOL! Just wait, you will have 2 posers eventually!
Phoebe really poses when she is in the mood for a photography session but she hasnt been too good about them lately - the 'smile' is about all I can get out of her since she woke up!

Phoebe wants to eat the cars now - she has been pacing in her viv, licking them for the past 15 minutes! Clearly the CC gave her some extra energy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom