Possible tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
We think our new adoption could have tail rot. Besides betadine and some neosporin is there anything else? Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....that would be the way to go. Raw honey will work also. Can you post pics though ?

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

Can u tell in this pic? It is darker on the tip and going up a bit. Is raw honey sold that way "raw honey "?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, your beardie is fine. :) It's just an old tiny bite wound and looks to be completely healed long ago. I've had beardies with tail crimps just like that.

And yes, if you ever need it raw honey is sold as " raw" or " unpasteurized". It has powerful antimicrobial properties for healing wounds and can even be used directly in the eye. It's sold at health stores, beekeepers, natural food depts. of grocery stores and lots of places online. Manuka honey is reported to be the best.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It seemed like it was black going up a bit. And it's hard. I'm glad it isn't tail rot though!! Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There's a lot of confusion about what tail rot is, and of course you would be concerned. But don't worry, that is 100% not tail rot, even if it were darker than that, and the little kinked tails like that are always stiff.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you so much for clarification, she is such a spaz, totally different than sheldon! sheldon loves to snuggle, she black beards like no tomorrow if you try to lay with her, haha. It's funny the different personalities!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. And unless she's completely set in her ways, you can probably turn her in to a sweetie pie. :) If not you'll just have to love her as the grouchy girl that she is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom