Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb and Esther!

I can't believe that Gianna's 3 years old already either. I still remember vividly the day I picked her up from Tom's house, the horrible drive home, then the nerve-wrecking hunker-down wait for Hurricane Sandy's arrival. For only being with me for 1 day, Gianna sure was a well-behaved baby in staying under my shirt for warmth.

Can you believe that this was how old Digi was when she gave birth to Gianna? Yikes! :shock:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
(I forgot to post this earlier, but it's still technically the 5th)

pookie_8th-bday.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Time goes by so fast, Happy Birthday sweet Pookie, from Aunt Deb, Cierra, Nathaniel, Gabriel, Leo and Castiel :love5:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Happy belated (here) birthday to Pookie! It reminded me of when Gina got Pookie. She came here and begged us to talk her out of getting Pookie. I still laugh that a beardie lover comes to this website for beardie lovers asking beardie lovers to tell her NOT to get a beardie. We didn't comply. I was one of those that told her to get him. She wouldn't regret it. 8 years later and she has 5 now. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
FortheLoveofLizzie":2ttk16cw said:
Awwwww. Cutie:).
I may be a little biased, but yes, I think Pookie and all of my babies are cuties :p

Thanks (again), Mary, Deb (and all of your kids), and Lori!

beardie parents":2ttk16cw said:
It reminded me of when Gina got Pookie. She came here and begged us to talk her out of getting Pookie. I still laugh that a beardie lover comes to this website for beardie lovers asking beardie lovers to tell her NOT to get a beardie. We didn't comply. I was one of those that told her to get him. She wouldn't regret it. 8 years later and she has 5 now. :lol:
I don't know what I was thinking in asking beardie lovers to convince me into NOT getting a beardie. Perhaps, subconsciously, I really wanted you guys to tell me that I should get one ;)
And you're right, Lori, I wouldn't regret it, because I got the best beardie in the whole wide world.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It'd been so long since I last posted an update of anyone. I can't even remember what silly tales I had to tell of Callie from July :( A lot of things had been going on during the month of August. I'll write a very lengthy update in a few days, but for now, the girls had been slowing down a lot and wanting to sleep a lot :(

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I understand that, Gina. Rosie went to sleep in her hide on Saturday evening and didn't wake up until almost noon today. Lil Squirt has been clingy with both of us yesterday and today.

I know of some of your updates from facebook and I know you haven't posted that story here so I'll let you tell it.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I know I promised an update last week, but I'm still getting over self-inflicted guilt, so it may be a few more days before I can re-iterate what I had already posted in Facebook.

But in the meantime, I do have a very silly update on the girls.

This past Saturday, I finally gave Gianna her Christmas present from last year, a much bigger clay cave. I had to sand down the entire thing because there were so many sharp points and abrasive surfaces from the way the mold was set. The reason why I finally decided to give it to her is because she'd been trying to stuff herself into the medium-sized one for a couple of weeks now. She'd get in, but would immediately come back out because she couldn't fit comfortably.

After removing her old cave, moving her stuffed animals, putting her new cave into the corner where her stuffed animals used to be, then placing her puppy in the front corner and her bunny & dinosaur on the other side of the cave, I put Gianna back inside her house and in front of her new cave. I told her what it was, because the look she had was one of extreme confusion. I kept pointing to the inside of the cave and telling her that she's supposed to go inside to go night night. Every time I pointed, she'd look inside then up at me, but still unwilling to go inside. Seeing her reluctance, I picked her up and attempted to stuff her inside. Instead, she pulled a head-up-high-and-arms-stiff maneuver so she couldn't be stuffed in. Realizing defeat, I put her back down, to which she immediately climbed up on top of the cave and sat with her butt hanging. She sat like that for about a minute, looking so sad. Knowing that she really wanted to go sleepy inside a cave, I picked her up again but this time, I held her head down and stuffed her inside up to her shoulders. To my delight, she actually crawled in and started the *scratch scratch scratch*, then after she scratched for what seemed like hours, she finally settled down and went to sleep.

Gianna was so comfortable in her new big girl cave that I didn't see her for the entire Sunday. Well, I saw part of her head from the cave opening, but that was it. Same for Monday. Just when I was all ready to be depressed for losing her to brumation, she decided to crawl out on Tuesday, ate her breakfast, and went potty. She even decided to stay out of her cave all day and slept on top of her cave! And as of this writing, she's still out of her cave! :blob8: I guess she's on the sleep for two days, awake for two days schedule.

When I got home from work tonight, I saw two tails out of two separate caves in the girls' (Digi and MoMo) house. I said my hellos by rubbing their tails, went about my business of poop cleanups and giving the pup his treats, then hopped out to Target. When I got back and put everything away, and let the pup out for potty, I looked into the girls' house and saw that MoMo had vacated her cave and was in the process of barreling into Digi's. About a half hour later, I peeked into their house again and I saw MoMo had backed herself out and was partially sitting up, but still asleep (well, her eyes were closed). Then, about a half hour ago, I suddenly heard a lot of scratching noises and saw that MoMo was now 3/4 of the way inside Digi's cave and was sitting on top of Digi's tail/butt. I was waiting for her to eventually squeeze Digi out, but just a minute ago, I looked in again and saw that MoMo had somehow backed herself back out of the cave, but her upper body was still inside.

I guess MoMo missed Digi today.

I love my girls :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom