Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
At around 8:15pm, while I was outside with Callie, it had started to drizzle. She looked around for somewhere to hide under (she even looked at the back door), but there wasn't anywhere to go. Seeing that she didn't like to get wet by the droplets of rain, I finally asked her if she wanted to go home so she wouldn't get wet, but she didn't seem to want to leave. Then I asked her if she wanted to go and hide under the patio table, at least until the rain passes. She looked over at the direction of where the table was, meowed, took a few steps, but then came back to me. I asked again, but this time I added a begging tone. Suddenly, she turned around and started walking towards the table again, but this time she actually made it all the way under it. I quietly watched her sniff around, thinking that she'd come right back, but to my surprise, she didn't! Seconds later, I went back inside the house (because I don't like getting wet either) and peeked out the patio door curtains and saw her lying down under the table, completely dry. :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Between the hours of 12pm on Saturday and 2pm today (Sunday), Callie had sat in my lap 4 times. FOUR times! All on her own! The first time was during her brunch when I was still petting her while she stood to my left side, then she suddenly walked around, looked at my lap then up at me, and climbed right in. She even made sure that she was well snuggled in into a ball. The second time was an almost lap sit, less than a half hour later, as she slid off half way climbing in due to the nylon pants that I had on. The third time was dinner time on Saturday, where she again walked herself into my lap while I was petting her, curled up, and kneaded my thigh (yeah, I have a couple of red marks on my thigh). But today's was the most surprising and loving. Just like yesterday, I was petting her while she stood to my left, then she moved up and looked at my lap then up at me, then climbed into my lap, made a circle before lying down, then began to purr while gently kneading my thigh. Her purrs were so strong that I felt the vibration going through my legs. She stayed curled up in my lap for about 2 minutes before she stood up and walked over to a shaded part of the deck to continue her nap.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that she'd ever get close to sitting in my lap, much less willingly with no coaxing or begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom