Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Zoey is adorable :love5: I am so incredibly happy for you and your family. I got teary eyed when you said Pookie put on his happy colors when he got to see his baby girl! That must have been amazing to witness. Can't wait to see more pictures of Zoey!

-Kaleen

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Wow, Gina, Zoey is adorable! I looked at the picture of her sleeping on top of her stuffy and remembered the pic you posted of Pookie at that size sleeping on top of his bear in between it's ears. It seems like she has some Pookie in her.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Diane, I did watch her sleep for awhile, but not as much as I did when Pookie first came home with me, because I knew she was already stressed out from the long ride home.
Of course, I did the infamous high-pitched squeal when I saw the baby crawl out of the egg and the sight of an itty bitty head poking out of another. It was truly amazing to finally witness that in person.

Lori, your memory is just uncanny! You are absolutely right, there are alot of Pookie in Zoey -- really long tail (twice her body length) and fingers/toes, with reddish rings around her back markings -- and the way she slept on both the stuffy and tree branch.

So far, Pookie was the only one to receive a creamy white beard and almost no tummy stress marks from Zoey. She really took an interest in looking at him; not sure if it was because he took such an interest in her.

I really hope Zoey will eat something today. She did check out her food bowl (switched it to Pookie's baby bowl [a white restaurant condiment dish] for better visibility of the food) but haven't made it down to eat yet.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I don't remember his long tail or the specific coloring like you would. I do remember the crazy way he slept, like the way he slept between his bears' ears and clung to the cord near the top of his tank. My memory isn't super good, just for beardies, especially ones I read about all the time.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Zoey ate two crickets today!!!! She doesn't like the dusted ones though; maybe she thinks they're ghosts or something. She still won't eat the jumpy ones and they still scare her. Of course, those two crickets were hand fed. Oh well, at least she ate something.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YEAH, she's starting to eat, that's great news. Guess you'll be hand feeding for now until she gets used to the jumping. Have you looked into phoenix worms? I've been told that little babies that don't like crickets really love phoenix worms, just an idea. I'm so glad she's home with you.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well, I tried giving Zoey a wax worm this afternoon. She was intrigued by what it was as long as I was still holding onto it, but as soon as I put it down on her tree branch and it wriggled, she backed off and was scared by its presence :(

However, I have great news! She pooped today :blob8: . . . in her food bowl! :mrgreen: It happened during the short time that I was out (about an hour). It was a good sized poop and not runny or strange colors. There also must've been some extra fluids because there was a little ring on the bottom of the dish where her poop sat.

I'll have to try the stunned (excessively shaken up) crickets again tomorrow AM, or put one of the waxies into her bowl, so she'd eat again.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Gina, I'm glad to hear that Zoey ate 2 crickets, that it a start. Wouldn't hurt to continue the hand feeding for a few days if that makes her more at ease. Do you think she would have taken the wax worm if you had continued to hold it? Great that she pooped, I'm sure that made both of you feel better. :D I've had good luck getting babies to eat greens off of a folded up paper towel, really seems to get their attention and makes it easy for them to grab them.

That must have been so neat watching those babies be born, something you will never forget for sure.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I don't think Zoey was looking at the wax worm as something to be eaten, but more of a "what in the world is that?".
I'd been giving her long warm soaks and dripping water from my fingernail onto her mouth, which she'd been drinking from. So at least I don't have dehydration to worry about.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, so she thought the waxie might be evil? :lol: That's great that she's been drinking, that must make you feel better. Is she quite active in her tank?

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
here ya go, sweetie, just for you... munchies while you stay up all night watching your new baby sleep :D
0824120214a.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
blondie098":ir0i50pt said:
here ya go, sweetie, just for you... munchies while you stay up all night watching your new baby sleep :D
0824120214a.jpg
Are you gonna send some of those to me too Dawn, when our Digi & Pookie baby arrives? :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
She had only moved from branch to cave on her own, when she gets too hot from basking. Otherwise, she pretty much stays in one place. But she does look at everything that goes on in the living room, especially Pookie who'd been sitting within 5 feet of her house.

Hey, more pics and even videos!

Who's the cutest little baby girl :D (8/23)
2012_08-23.jpg

First bath! (click to view)

2012_08-23a.jpg

2012_08-23c.jpg

2012_08-23d.jpg

Here she is allowing me to drip water on the top of her head: (click to view)

Way too bright grammy! (8/24)
2012_08-24.jpg

So cute!
2012_08-24a.jpg

Still too bright grammy
2012_08-24b.jpg

Extreme closeup
2012_08-24d.jpg

Cutie pie!
2012_08-24e.jpg

Hanging out with grammy after bath time
2012_08-24f.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
blondie098":1xoi8ppx said:
0824120214a.jpg
I sure can use a few of those right now! Been having a major sweet tooth today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom