NO POWER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taufer89

Im in VA and the storm here took down our power. It may be more than today. What do i do with danny. My houe is notmally mid 70's

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If your house remains in the 70s it shouldn't be a problem. They can go a few days without lights if needed. Heat packs help but i usually don't bother with them outside of winter.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hope you guys are all O.K and not too much inconvenience aside from the power outage ! Like Coop said, dragons are fine for a couple days without lights, but don't feed them as usual. It's harder on a baby or young juvie [ under 13" ] You can always take him outside if the yard is not soggy....if you have a large plastic tote you can set it up in part shade, be SURE it's part shade if the temp. outside is above 70, otherwise it will absorb the heat + raise the temp. too high. You can feed + hydrate him outside as usual if you allow for a few hours in the sun + heat.

scorpius

That's terrible but thank goodness it is still warm where you live,

In the northeast when the hurricane knocked our power out several years ago it was for a couple of weeks in late October and cold

I had to carry my 2 dragons under my shirt so my body would warm them during the day and stayed up until 2-3 am so they would remain warm.

At night I filled 2 large soda bottles w/ boiling water and let them heat the tank when I finally slept

This kept them healthy until the electricity returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom