Fundraiser for Shyla

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Heyyyy everyone I know it’s been while. Work and keeping up with 5 has kept me busy. Shyla is having trouble with her leg. I took her to the vet and they thought it was just a sprain but unfortunately it hasn’t gotten anybody. She was put on pain medication as well as calcium as she is about to lay eggs as well. The first visit was $450 (which was actually rent) but she had to be seen. Sadly, I need help with the 2nd vet appointment, I was out of work a lil over 2 weeks and had surgery and right now I just can’t afford it. On the low end the new appt cost is about $240 and high $550. The Central Virginia Reptile Rescue here in VA has started a fundraiser to help assist me with Shyla’s vet appointment. Here is the link Central Virginia Reptile Rescue, Inc. on Instagram: "We are fundraising to help cover vet costs for Shyla the bearded dragon. She needs to have surgery to fix her back leg and the vet quote is $512. Anything helps and we will post updates on our page. Shyla already had an initial visit at Wellesley Animal Hospital where she had an ultrasound and was prescribed medication. The next steps that we are fundraising for is there may be infection in her leg and they will need to sedate her. Her owner does not have the funds for further treatment, and the medication doesn't seem to be helping. Currently, Shyla is dragging her back leg and is unable to walk properly."

No amount is too small. Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to assist us!

Attachments

• 10775d5282114bad8c32f8fde538c4be.mp4
    44.6 KB

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very nice of the vet to start a fundraiser for you to help out. It was the rescue facility who
helped start the fundraiser?
To get more attention, you can post the fundraiser link in the General Discussion area.
How is she doing today? I know it's tough, vet costs are very high. When is the next vet appointment
for her?

Tracie

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Hello,

That is very nice of the vet to start a fundraiser for you to help out. It was the rescue facility who
helped start the fundraiser?
To get more attention, you can post the fundraiser link in the General Discussion area.
How is she doing today? I know it's tough, vet costs are very high. When is the next vet appointment
for her?

Tracie
It’s actually the local reptile rescue here in VA that started the fundraiser. Her next appointment is tomorrow. She went from limping to now she’s dragging it and can’t move it. Also, just get thigh was only swollen now it’s the whole leg. The only good thing is it hasn’t stopped her and she’s eating and still trying to move. This is her leg now

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
IMG_8116.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8114.jpeg
    IMG_8114.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 16

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Bless her heart. I hope they can figure out what is causing it, and get it resolved.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom