Please help figure out what is wrong

Tybugg3

Beardie name(s)
Eragon
my baby girl is popping meat colored poop idk how else to describe it. She is almost year old. No substrate I have a mat down for her. Gets misted 1 2 times a day eats meal worms greens and loves butternut squash seems perfectly fine other then the pooping. I kno this not normal I have another I had for years now and never pooped like this before. And I give her calcium power on her food . So that her eating habits and cage set up so what else could it be.

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon
my baby girl is popping meat colored poop idk how else to describe it. She is almost year old. No substrate I have a mat down for her. Gets misted 1 2 times a day eats meal worms greens and loves butternut squash seems perfectly fine other then the pooping. I kno this not normal I have another I had for years now and never pooped like this before. And I give her calcium power on her food . So that her eating habits and cage set up so what else could it be.

Attachments

• 20231118_105556.jpg
    20231118_105556.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 45

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
That is concerning— what is your UVB fixture and what are your temperatures (how do you read them?) No coils please, temps should be between 95-110 degrees measured with a digital probe thermometer.

What is her diet and supplementation schedule? Do you have calcium with or without D3? Has she ever had a past with parasites or intestinal problems?

Flagging our vet tech: @Drache613

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon
That is concerning— what is your UVB fixture and what are your temperatures (how do you read them?) No coils please, temps should be between 95-110 degrees measured with a digital probe thermometer.

What is her diet and supplementation schedule? Do you have calcium with or without D3? Has she ever had a past with parasites or intestinal problems?

I just recently purchased a nice lamp and it's a 75 w uv light and 75 heating light my temp is a digital thermometer she was with friend of mine before me and had no lights at all one reason why I brought her home eating fine she eats mix of horn worm meal worms greens and sometimes butternut quash bc that's her fav I use dragons diet calcium power and she gets misted 2 times a day and no substrate just a matt

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon

To the parasite no but not sure how she would have got it

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon

Any tips on what to do for her I been soaking her making sure lights r right that she is eating and drinking bit other then that not sure what else to do she does seem to be getting better in. Last week at first she won't moving around alot but now she is and climbing just the poop is concerning me. I did suspect her of having the calcium disease think it mbd not sure that what I was treating her for. Also her mouth says slightly open another reason why I thought she was struggling from mbd

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Can you post a picture of her? A visual is always helpful.

Why are you misting her that often and how often are you giving baths? Bearded dragons originate from Australia were it's really dry and they require really low humidity....

Maybe try feeding some other bugs, like roaches, locusts or crickets as they are easyer to digest and nutrients wise more healthy then worms. How often and how much are you supplementing?

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon

Why are you misting her that often and how often are you giving baths? Bearded dragons originate from Australia were it's really dry and they require really low humidity....

Maybe try feeding some other bugs, like roaches, locusts or crickets as they are easyer to digest and nutrients wise more healthy then worms. How often and how much are you supplementing?
I was told to keep her dydrated and bump up water intake to help her out so that y the misting soaking 2 to 3 times a week and I started off on crickets but she didn't like them would just let them crawl on her.

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon

Attachments

• 17003569142126777686376596899712.jpg
    17003569142126777686376596899712.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 41

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon

She did like roaches I can order some of those but would that help the poop problems just seeing y she is having like I said she alot better then when I got her but I've never dealt with this before mine never had any problems

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Brand and bulb of the uvb ? 75 watt uv is this a basking bulb I am assuming? Uvb should be a long tube fixture - no coils that would be in a dome -

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little one has MBD and is very unhealthy. You say the previous owner had no lights for her ? She may have an R.I as well. She needs proper uvb that Karrie mentioned ASAP.
Show a pic of the entire enclosure + lights as well. You probably need at least a 100 watt heat bulb to get the temps. up. You can stop the misting and soaking, warm bath once a week is O.K
The orange poo may be from the squash.
It's nice that you took her in and trying to help her. ! She is pretty sick.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
🥺 I feels so sorry for this little one, she doesn't look too well.
You do need that UVB Karrie mentioned ASAP and maybe you could even supplement this by adding a mvb as a basking bulb. They put out a greenish light but also put out a lot more UVB than a tube. Downside is they concentrate it in one single spot. They can also be used to ray her with it for an hour or two per day additionaly.

Also put the UVB tube inside the tank if possible. Glas filters over 90% of UVB rays and mesh does still filter some...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, poor girl, I hope you are able to get her well to a certain extent. I agree with AHBD, the orange
color is most likely due to the squash. She probably isn't used to much food! Are the urates soft?
Definitely try to get the UVB mounted inside of the tank, for a stronger UVB exposure for her.
Are you using a good calcium supplement for her also?
Keep us updated on her progress.

Tracie

Tybugg3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Eragon
Poor little one has MBD and is very unhealthy. You say the previous owner had no lights for her ? She may have an R.I as well. She needs proper uvb that Karrie mentioned ASAP.
Show a pic of the entire enclosure + lights as well. You probably need at least a 100 watt heat bulb to get the temps. up. You can stop the misting and soaking, warm bath once a week is O.K
The orange poo may be from the squash.
It's nice that you took her in and trying to help her. ! She is pretty sick.
Thank u doing what I can and I'll stop misting

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom