New Viv Set Up For Beardie Let Me Know What ye Think???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poshey22

New Viv Set Up For Beardie Let Me Know What ye Think??? this will be my first beardie will be getting her during the week looking forward to it.. do i have everything rite by looking at pics??
viv4.jpg
viv5.jpg
viv6.jpg
viv7.jpg
vivnew.jpg

AndyT

Juvie Member
Sorry but your substrate is wrong. You need to put down paper towels, repti carpet, tiles, or non stick shelf liner. What type of light is that?

Deemac6

Juvie Member
Loose substrate of any kind is dangerous for bearded dragons, if they ingest it it will cause impaction and from this they could die depending on how serious is it. Also What are you bulbs, UBV is what i'm most interested in, do you have one and if you do is it the one pictured? Coil UVB are highly dangerous and you need to get a new bulb asap, repitSUN ten TUBE bulb is the best bulb out there. What do you have to measure your temps.

Deemac6

Juvie Member
is it a tube? I'm not sure how much of the difference there is between 5.0 and 10.0 you would have to ask, I never delved into it I just know 10.0 is the absolute best bulb you can get in North America.

Deemac6

Juvie Member
If you can buy the Arcadia 12% you have to get that, like I said coils are no good, they cause numbers of problems with reptiles.

Poshey22

Original Poster
sure i made the basking spot on top on the wooden thing he can move whenever he wants??? i think sand in the ens of the tank is not nice

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
Poshey22":2bjmam6l said:
the bulb is a reptisun 5.0 uvb that ok???

You set up looks beautiful btw. Just the substrate is of concern. I use slate tile not grouted just cut to fit and it helps keep their nails nice and trim. ReptiSUN 10 is the best UVB out in the market but the 5.0 doesn't emit enough UVB and you have to make sure it is a tube UVB not a coil. From the picture it looks like a coil and that can be really damaging to their little eyes. Sorry you have to some switching out, but it is for the best health of your beardie and easier on the pocket in the long run because proper equipment equals less vet visits.

Any questions just ask. Looks like you put a lot of work into that viv - your baby will be well loved.

Deemac6

Juvie Member
One thing you will learn on here is pet stores don't know anything. They are people there for a pay cheque and to sell what the owners tell then. Pets stores lose babies and animals all over the place due to improper care. You need to get a tube. If you use a coil you are looking at a future of problems for you and your dragon, problems neither of you should have to deal with.

Poshey22

Original Poster
a tube is hard to fit on the viv i have... that would heat up the whole viv then the beardie will have no cool spot??

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
you can use tile, paper towels, or non adhesive shelf liner for good substrate. any of that you should be able to get there.
and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom