New Digs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischa

Juvie Member
I know she's not a beardie, but I really wanted some opinions on her set-up! Here's my turtle's new digs!
DSC04145.jpg

DSC04177.jpg

DSC04178.jpg

DSC04179.jpg

DSC04180.jpg

DSC04181.jpg

DSC04182.jpg

Please comment and thanks for looking! :lol:

hartungs

Hatchling Member
I know you are looking for comments, however, I don't know anything about turtle care. My only comment...doesn't the turtle need some type of ramp?

Bootz

I'll get back to you when I get to a comp that lets me see pix on here.

Govt computers suck. :protest:

mischa

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha everyone says that, but there is a little ramp on that divider and he gets up there all the time with no problem! haha :lol:

Bootz

It looks good. If it was me though I would have put just a little more angle on the divider. I did the same thing in my turtle tank and they had a hard time gettin to the land area with a straight vertical divider like that. That's just my opinion though. Your turtle may not have any trouble getting up there though. It does look good so props to you.8) ;)

Seven65

Juvie Member
I don't know anything about the care of turtles, but it's a very nice looking tank. I like the rocks.

shimmeriing

Hatchling Member
Bootz":5b1ea said:
It looks good. If it was me though I would have put just a little more angle on the divider. I did the same thing in my turtle tank and they had a hard time gettin to the land area with a straight vertical divider like that. That's just my opinion though. Your turtle may not have any trouble getting up there though. It does look good so props to you.8) ;)

she stated that she has a ramp, it's on the other side...if you really look you can see it..just a fyi.

really nice tank... i would love to get a turtle. and you have gave me some great ideas for a tank setup... 1 question to you, do you need a thermostat?

Quetico

Nice set-up, although I think your turtle is a little big for it. He doesn't really have much area or depth to swim in. Given his size, you might want to shop Craigslist for a +125 gallon aquarium. Or better yet, start to think about a small pond in the backyard. RES really appreciate a larger volume of water to swim in.

Also, you could probably add some water plants to your tank, which would make it feel a bit more natural too.

mischa

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I don't use a thermostat, but it really depends on how cold your water is! Also I know the water is a little shallow, but she seems to really like it so I think she'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom