Gravid Beardie losing weight

arcayde

Hello all, within the last week I've noticed my Beardie has eggs in her belly, they seem to be developing okay and she's plenty active. However, I've noticed she's lost her fat pads on her head and I'm wondering if that's common for gravid beardies or if it's something more serious. She's acting just fine all things considered, doing the usual zoomies and being restless while gravid and not eating as much. I've offered her water and she drank a bit but not very much. I doubt it's malnutrition or dehydration as before the past week she had been eating just fine, but I'm not sure. I just wanted to get some opinions on the situation :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello all, within the last week I've noticed my Beardie has eggs in her belly, they seem to be developing okay and she's plenty active. However, I've noticed she's lost her fat pads on her head and I'm wondering if that's common for gravid beardies or if it's something more serious. She's acting just fine all things considered, doing the usual zoomies and being restless while gravid and not eating as much. I've offered her water and she drank a bit but not very much. I doubt it's malnutrition or dehydration as before the past week she had been eating just fine, but I'm not sure. I just wanted to get some opinions on the situation :)
@AHBD

arcayde

Original Poster

Attachments

• 20240404_195559.jpg
    20240404_195559.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240404_195607.jpg
    20240404_195607.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 23

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom