My Beardie won't open his eyes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasteland

Just last week he wouldn't open his eyes. He is moving slow and hasn't eaten in about 4 days. Please tell me what I should do. :( :(

LJean

Extreme Poster
How old is he? Has there been any changes to his enclosure?

Some UVB lights cause them to keep their eyes closed and become lethargic. Can you tell me what UVb light you are using? Name and type? (coil, compact, tube or mvb)

wasteland

Original Poster
He is 5 yrs. old. Nothing has changed. I can't tell u the name but it's a tube shaped light. It hasn't been changed in 3yrs.

LJean

Extreme Poster
All UVB lights need changing. They stop emitting UVB. If it is a tube light, it needed changing after 6 months of use. The best tube lights to get are the ReptiSUN 10 linear bulbs. The ReptiGLO ones have been known to cause health issues. That is why I asked which you are using.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I couldn't see where you live. Has he brumated this year? Is it that time of year where you are? Is he about to shed maybe? Just trying to think of some other things it could be.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Is there a way to take him outside for some real sunshine until you get the UVB? Have you been giving any calcium supplements?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Laying in the sun isn't such a bad thing. ;) Good for UVb exposure. :)

Some adult dragons go without food for a few days at times. But I do hope that he starts eating soon for you. Have you tried using different greens and veggies? Maybe something he hasn't eaten before but may like? Trying a different feeder such as butterworms or hornworms?

You can also make a slurry out of blended greens and veggies (or use veggie babyfood) and try to drip some on his nose. He may lick it off and will get some nutrients that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom