i thought he died

Todd7

Beardie name(s)
Todd
something fell on my beardie on accident so i hurried and tried to grab him but when i did he didn’t move. his body was limp and his eyes were open(usually he would’ve closed them) he wouldn’t move no matter how many time i touched him or anything like a dead animal would do. so i stood there panicking i was shaking and hyperventilating bc i thought i just saw my lizard die but when i poked him one more time he suddenly picked his head in and is now acting normal. i swore he was dead. someone please tell me what happened maybe he was just scared?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
What fell on him, if it was heavy you should take him to the vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They will often freeze if they are scared or something falls on them. What fell on him?
Is his beard black or normal color?

Tracie

Todd7

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Todd
What fell on him, if it was heavy you should take him to the vet
the screen on the top of his tank. i’m not sure how it fell but it did. it’s not very heavy imo and it didn’t fall very hard on him but it’s was loud and sudden so i think that’s why he was so scared

Todd7

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Todd
thank you
Hello,

They will often freeze if they are scared or something falls on them. What fell on him?
Is his beard black or normal color?

Tracie
he was perfectly normal after and his beard wasn’t black or anything i just think the sudden movement and loud noise scared him i guess?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, the screen top. Did the screen hit him or the edge which is the heavier portion, hit him?
This does happen, but it doesn't sound like it injured him luckily. They will act nervous & scared
& freeze like that when something scares them.
I am glad to hear he is ok!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom