Poop photo warning: my baby has diarrhea and had a scary seizure-like head twitch last night

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Please tell me what just happened to my meatball :( I am freaking out and dont know what just happened.. last night my baby had what seemed to be a involuntary few head twitches while she was hanging on her stroller with her eyes closed. it worried me so much and when I got her back into her enclosure she hid in her cave for hours. this afternoon she had diarrhea . she has had unformed poop for a few days now but today it was runny. I don't know what to do, should I call the vet when they open tomorrow? IMG_8216 2.jpg IMG_8217.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please tell me what just happened to my meatball :( I am freaking out and dont know what just happened.. last night my baby had what seemed to be a involuntary few head twitches while she was hanging on her stroller with her eyes closed. it worried me so much and when I got her back into her enclosure she hid in her cave for hours. this afternoon she had diarrhea . she has had unformed poop for a few days now but today it was runny. I don't know what to do, should I call the vet when they open tomorrow? View attachment 82214 View attachment 82215
Please go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture? Where in the tank is it? Your surface basking temps what are they and are you using a digital probe thermometer ? What is she eating?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
long tube light Arcadia
Is the Arcadia in the tank ? The cool side of the tank should be low 80's you have it set up for night time temps - please get some bsfl for her - crickets are ok but for her for now use bsfl on top of her salads - they are a great lure to the salad bowl and staple feeder- feed her 20-25 at a time if she scarfs them down they will come out undigested if fed too many- do this first feeding of the day- you can add more as she eats them or supplement crickets or silk worms- the runny poop has me leaning towards parasites - is this a constant thing or just now? If it's constant then I recommend you take a fecal into the vet for testing - NO ENEMAS! Drop it off for testing go from there-- the uvb should be in the tank if it's a fine mesh screen directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches---if it's a wide hole type it can stay on top but distance should be 8-10 directly above the basking decor

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Is the Arcadia in the tank ? The cool side of the tank should be low 80's you have it set up for night time temps - please get some bsfl for her - crickets are ok but for her for now use bsfl on top of her salads - they are a great lure to the salad bowl and staple feeder- feed her 20-25 at a time if she scarfs them down they will come out undigested if fed too many- do this first feeding of the day- you can add more as she eats them or supplement crickets or silk worms- the runny poop has me leaning towards parasites - is this a constant thing or just now? If it's constant then I recommend you take a fecal into the vet for testing - NO ENEMAS! Drop it off for testing go from there-- the uvb should be in the tank if it's a fine mesh screen directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches---if it's a wide hole type it can stay on top but distance should be 8-10 directly above the basking decor
In my city crickets and mealworms are the only avail food i can find sadly :(. yesterday in the evening after her runny poop she had a formed poop and i was so happy, still waiting on todays poop. she ate 22 crickets so far today in her first feeding, 8-10 inches yes, but i do have a fine mesh and not sure how to put the uvb mounted inside the tank or if it would be too close. she also gets a ton of outdoor time as well as filtered sunlight from her pet stroller atm cuz its summer time.

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Also she wont eat any greens, only bell peppers and the occasional blue berry. shes never taken any greens she just leaves them there :(. shes 3 months currently.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Also she wont eat any greens, only bell peppers and the occasional blue berry. shes never taken any greens she just leaves them there :(. shes 3 months currently.
You need to get her eating salads now - her diet is going to change around 1 year old - where are you? In the states? Please get the uvb in the tank - how tall is the tank? 18 or 24 inch? You can use long plastic zip ties or 3 M Velcro fasteners or long picture wire hangers- I recommend those- 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
You need to get her eating salads now - her diet is going to change around 1 year old - where are you? In the states? Please get the uvb in the tank - how tall is the tank? 18 or 24 inch? You can use long plastic zip ties or 3 M Velcro fasteners or long picture wire hangers- I recommend those- 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
its a 40 gallon from exo-terra . and i do have zip ties and a measuring tape. But as for salads, she will go on a hunger strike each time i do so, as she didnt eat at all the days i tried to feed her them and i figured it wasnt healthy to withhold the crickets from a 2.8 month old at the time. She just will notttt eat any greens no matter what i do. Bell peppers, yes. Blueberries, yes. Greens..nope

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
its a 40 gallon from exo-terra . and i do have zip ties and a measuring tape. But as for salads, she will go on a hunger strike each time i do so, as she didnt eat at all the days i tried to feed her them and i figured it wasnt healthy to withhold the crickets from a 2.8 month old at the time. She just will notttt eat any greens no matter what i do. Bell peppers, yes. Blueberries, yes. Greens..nope
Get her some BSFL -- those are good salad lures ---- what kind of greens are you trying to feed - green peppers are going to cause watery stools -- Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info it is outdated and is a great staple feeder

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Get her some BSFL -- those are good salad lures ---- what kind of greens are you trying to feed - green peppers are going to cause watery stools -- Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info it is outdated and is a great staple feeder
I live in canada , ontario and there is no place to buy that near me unfortunately as i stated the only thing they offer in my city is mealworms, and crickets for beardies :( . Do you know if i can order it online? usually if its live its hard to find

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I live in canada , ontario and there is no place to buy that near me unfortunately as i stated the only thing they offer in my city is mealworms, and crickets for beardies :( . Do you know if i can order it online? usually if its live its hard to find
https://wormlady.myshopify.com- there are other places in Canada as well

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Keep working with her & encouraging her to eat some greens. It is hard, as a lot of the youngsters
don't eat them like they should. You can try mixing up some bee pollen with the greens to give a
nice flavor.
The crickets & mealworms are fine if that is all you can get in your area. Being in Canada, I can
imagine how hard that would be to get live insects shipped to you!
You could consider trying to source some silkworm eggs & have them shipped so you can try to
hatch them out. Just another idea but not sure if that is feasible or not.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Hello,

Keep working with her & encouraging her to eat some greens. It is hard, as a lot of the youngsters
don't eat them like they should. You can try mixing up some bee pollen with the greens to give a
nice flavor.
The crickets & mealworms are fine if that is all you can get in your area. Being in Canada, I can
imagine how hard that would be to get live insects shipped to you!
You could consider trying to source some silkworm eggs & have them shipped so you can try to
hatch them out. Just another idea but not sure if that is feasible or not.
How is she doing today?

Tracie
she seems great today , and yesterday she seemed okay too. still monitoring like a hawk. I am going to look into seeing if i can find anywhere that ships live insects but last time i had no luck :(

Thank you so much!! gonna keep trying with the greens!!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom