My beardie hasnt pooped in 3-4 weeks

Andres

Help my beardie has not pooped for a while, I’ve tried feeding him blueberries, giving him prune juice and giving him warm baths. What do i do?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Help my beardie has not pooped for a while, I’ve tried feeding him blueberries, giving him prune juice and giving him warm baths. What do i do?
Hi there 👋

First of all… what is your bearded dragon’s source of UVB? Is it a coil bulb or a long bulb? Coils are insufficient and must be replaced asap, the best bulbs out there are Reptisun and Arcadia. Improper UVB exposure can cause blockage.

What are his basking temps? How are you measuring them? Ideally, it should be between 105-110 degrees to help him reach his core temperature of 97 degrees. Any cooler or any hotter can also be a culprit in why your beardie hasn’t passed stool.

What is his diet? Are his feeder insects smaller than the space between his eyes? If they are larger than that space it could be causing him indigestion (more likely) or even impaction (very unlikely) if it’s that severe. Is he still eating normally?

If anything from your husbandry is insufficient or incorrect, fix it and wait a bit before taking any other precautions. If he doesn’t pass stool in that given time try giving him a belly massage in a warm bath.

If that doesn’t work, you could try feeding him some pumpkin or vegetable baby food to get his system up and running again. Hornworms might work as well. Good luck 👍

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
this also depends on the age of your dragon. for adults, what you mentioned is not uncommon, especially if they are in the seasonal slow down/brumation time.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
this also depends on the age of your dragon. for adults, what you mentioned is not uncommon, especially if they are in the seasonal slow down/brumation time.
This is true, but then again not pooping in three to four weeks is a bit concerning… I’d assume there was something else going on in correlation to this as well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom