I need help

Oopsydaisy

My bearded dragon has not pooped in a couple days and I’m pretty sure he is constipated. I’ve done some research and it said to soak him for a few days which I did and nothing changed. I don’t know what else to do :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon has not pooped in a couple days and I’m pretty sure he is constipated. I’ve done some research and it said to soak him for a few days which I did and nothing changed. I don’t know what else to do :(
How old is the dragon? What is the surface basking temps? How are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate -- what kind of UVB are you using ? Coil or a long tube fixture -- these all play a part in the digestion of the dragon ---

Oopsydaisy

Original Poster
How old is the dragon? What is the surface basking temps? How are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate -- what kind of UVB are you using ? Coil or a long tube fixture -- these all play a part in the digestion of the dragon ---
He’s 3 it’s usually 75 degrees I use the reptisun uv i think that’s what it’s called i feed him daily so I don’t know why he isn’t pooping

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He’s 3 it’s usually 75 degrees I use the reptisun uv i think that’s what it’s called i feed him daily so I don’t know why he isn’t pooping
Your surface basking temp is 75? That is too cold -- that is a good night time temp --- you want surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/a digital probe thermometer --- UVB is a long tube fixture or a coil? A coil is one that goes into the dome like a basking bulb - if this is what your using you need to get rid of it as soon as possible ---- I can help w/ this please ask -- - the incorrect baking temps is a good reason your dragon is not pooping --- they are what starts the digestion process along w/ your UVB --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is he slown down some or trying to brumate? If you feel that could he might be impacted for some
reason, you could give some oral fluids for a few days or some sweet potatoes or squash to help
out with some fiber intake.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom